Found This on Chicago Reddit (1 Viewer)

Everybody has trouble sleeping at night because of Mahomes, including us getting jumped over at the last second.

I don't know if I agree. Saints did get Lattimore, keep whatever draft picks it would have cost to move up from 11 to 9, and probably 5 or more years of Brees instead. I can't imagine Sean benching Brees last year even if he knew what he had in Mahomes. Would Saints have traded Brees? Would Mahomes 1st time to play for Saints this stretch right now? Would have been crazy times.

I can't imagine Sean benching Brees last year even if he knew what he had in Mahomes. Would Saints have traded Brees? Would Mahomes 1st time to play for Saints this stretch right now? Would have been crazy times.
Of course he wouldn’t have benched Brees last season. We would have gotten a preview of PM in Week 17 with virtually no game plan, then we’d be 5-0 with him right now.

Of course he wouldn’t have benched Brees last season. We would have gotten a preview of PM in Week 17 with virtually no game plan, then we’d be 5-0 with him right now.

I know this is all silly speculation but assume Mahomes played like he has for Saints in 5-0 stretch. Brees back on the field? I cringe at the thought of that scenario. Shades of Montana to Chiefs.

Also, Crazy to think that Mahomes could have sat on the bench for 4 or more years assuming Saints drafted him and Brees doesn't get injured. Do Saints trade Mahomes in that scenario?

I know this is all silly speculation but assume Mahomes played like he has for Saints in 5-0 stretch. Brees back on the field? I cringe at the thought of that scenario. Shades of Montana to Chiefs.

Also, Crazy to think that Mahomes could have sat on the bench for 4 or more years assuming Saints drafted him and Brees doesn't get injured. Do Saints trade Mahomes in that scenario?
or shades of Favre to Jets then Vikings.

All valid “what if?” questions.

If this is Mahomes, I don't think there is a question Mahomes keep the job, assuming he was drafted number one by us. He was drafted for a reason. And that reason is to be the franchise quarterback. And if Mahomes looks to take over nicely and is winning, I wouldn't take that away.

What exactly do you think changing the play at the line of scrimmage is of not an audit?

Exactly. As a matter of fact Payton gives them 3 plays and if the QB doesn't like the look the defense is giving he checks to the next play.

Everybody has trouble sleeping at night because of Mahomes, including us getting jumped over at the last second.

there are always tradeoffs with scarce resources such as draft picks.

at pick 11 in 2017, you can only have Watson if you don't take Lattimore. (IMHO, the jury is still out on Watson vs Mahomes. they are both great.)

to move up to 9 to take Mahomes, you might have to forgo not only Latt, but maybe also Ram.

the Saints should sleep fine. they might not need a starting QB until 2022, but they needed Latt and Ram from 2017 on.

What exactly do you think changing the play at the line of scrimmage is of not an audit?
That’s not what I meant. Qb’s can audible on any play but they don’t always do that. Sometimes they go with the play that was sent in from the sidelines. There has also been a handful of Qb’s that called their own plays. If I’m not mistaken the 2 that come to mind are Bradshaw and Marino. There may be more.

Exactly. As a matter of fact Payton gives them 3 plays and if the QB doesn't like the look the defense is giving he checks to the next play.
Drew or Teddy get plays they can check out of but that doesn’t mean he goes to the next play sent in. I don’t know how comfortable Teddy is on going to a different play or not. Drew knows the system so well that he can check to a number of plays depending on what package they have in. If they have an 11 package he can go to different plays that are available for that package. Same thing if they are running a 21 package.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom