Four Saints players that are already turning heads during OTAs (2 Viewers)

Ok you are right but with the offense we had/have we needed him to break one or two

My point is he isn’t elite you put him up to Devin Hester Micheal Lewis josh cribbs or any of the other elites he doesn’t compare
you are comparing him to all time elites, not his contemporaries.

His rookie year he lead the NFL in combined return yards, and Punt Return Yards.

He also made the pro bowl as a returner. He was an undrafted player. He made the pro-bowl as a rookie after going undrafted. I do not think that has happened a whole lot.

So while he wasn't an "all time" elite he was an elite returner for the time he played and was primarily a returner.

Pe
I respect that, that’s your opinion and it’s not a bad take. You make some valid points. Bringing up those other guys is a little irrelevant because we weren’t comparing them. But I’ll talk about Bush a little since they played for the same team.

He’s ahead of Bush with 25 less punt returns. The fact that he’s where he is in Saints history makes him elite to the Saints, that’s all. Reggie was electric since he had 3 more touchdowns as a pro than Hardy did in the return game. However, Reggie couldn’t return kickoffs and wasn’t very good at it. Hence why he was only asked to do that 5 times in his career.

Reggie had 4 punt return touchdowns his whole career, two in one game. Hardy had 1. Yet he was better at seeing the hole and hitting it for more yardage than Reggie in much less attempts.
reggie had way more responsibility and what would you rather those 25 more yards or the touchdowns and the kick return yards are nice but mostly equivalent to a touchback

He’s special in his case being undrafted but that’s about all

you are comparing him to all time elites, not his contemporaries.

His rookie year he lead the NFL in combined return yards, and Punt Return Yards.

He also made the pro bowl as a returner. He was an undrafted player. He made the pro-bowl as a rookie after going undrafted. I do not think that has happened a whole lot.

So while he wasn't an "all time" elite he was an elite returner for the time he played and was primarily a returner.
We just see Elite in a different light , I see elite as game changer

he got replaced so quickly I don’t think the team seen him in that light

Are you saying Shaheed is a gadget player?

It was either PC or DA who is on record saying that once he got healthy they were able to see what he brought besides the return game, but he had to learn the offense so they could incorporate him. People like to forget that it's a hard offense to learn. Emmanuel Sanders admitted it took him half a season as a 30 y/o veteran to learn the offense.

Shaheed is more than a gadget player.
No, I was saying he can run gadget plays a lot better than Harty, but Shaheed is a better receiver overall. I believe they tried running end-arounds, screens, etc with Harty and it never worked. But we all saw what Shaheed could do.

We just see Elite in a different light , I see elite as game changer

he got replaced so quickly I don’t think the team seen him in that light
Not to put words in another man's mouth, but when I read elite, I didn't take it as he was comparing Harty to the bests of all time, but more so saying that he was better than average.

Harty was great at returning kicks & punts. His only down year was last year before the injury. Having Shaheed made him expendable since money came into the equation.

Not to put words in another man's mouth, but when I read elite, I didn't take it as he was comparing Harty to the bests of all time, but more so saying that he was better than average.

Harty was great at returning kicks & punts. His only down year was last year before the injury. Having Shaheed made him expendable since money came into the equation.
Above average and elite is to different levels above average would be considered good

Micheal Thomas would be considered elite for what he has done
Willie Snead was above average

Elite players go into the hall of fame
Deonte harty was good at what he did but if he was elite he would be a big name in the league or have a lot of suitors I’m just saying no disrespect to what he has done
I can’t do it but the eye test from me doesn’t say elite

Above average and elite is to different levels above average would be considered good

Micheal Thomas would be considered elite for what he has done
Willie Snead was above average

Elite players go into the hall of fame
Deonte harty was good at what he did but if he was elite he would be a big name in the league or have a lot of suitors I’m just saying no disrespect to what he has done
I can’t do it but the eye test from me doesn’t say elite
Personally I'd say above average. Last year was his only down year. I can't remember the last return man that made the pro bowl. Maybe Michael Lewis?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom