Four Saints players that are already turning heads during OTAs (1 Viewer)

Another thing that held Harty back was his size. The man wasn't just small, he was tiny at 5'6", 170 lbs. It will be interesting to see what the Bills do with him if he can stay healthy. He's going to be playing in a pass happy offense with a lot of talent and a QB with the best arm in the sport.

Speed Shaheed on the other hand is better suited to for a traditional WR role. Based on what we've seen so far it's obvious that he's not just a gadget player.
They will definitely air it out with him. He can get down the field, but he's not a gadget player like Shaheed has shown. Considering this new kick off rule, it might be hard for him to show his value there, but he's a good punt returner.

He's already answered your question,but no again. Shaheed has already proven himself
in regular season games.

He most definitely flashed last year but I think it is reasonable to say it was a small sample size. I hope Shaheed turns out to be as good as a lot of folk already think he is, the potential is there but he needs to stay healthy and put on some muscle mass....

He most definitely flashed last year but I think it is reasonable to say it was a small sample size. I hope Shaheed turns out to be as good as a lot of folk already think he is, the potential is there but he needs to stay healthy and put on some muscle mass....
I will say that if Michael Thomas stays healthy and puts up near his usual stats, that will cap the counting stats Olave and Shaheed will accumulate.

But man -- imagine when all gears are working at once. Who does the defense put their third corner on? And if they decide to double just one of them, someone else is always going to be working against single coverage from a down-the-line DB. Defenses can drop six DBs if Carr is smoking, but then our deep set of RBs only has to face five or six in the box. Decisions, decisions ...

Harty get too much praise how many td returns do he have in his career again
And how many fumbles did he have

Yards are nice but if you don’t score how much does it really matter ?

Harty get too much praise how many td returns do he have in his career again
And how many fumbles did he have

Yards are nice but if you don’t score how much does it really matter ?
He’s still number 7 all time on the Saints PR/KR list.

He’s number 4 all time for the Saints in PR yards.

He’s number 8 all time for the Saints in KR yards.

Hardy doesn’t get enough credit for as good as he was when healthy. He was an elite GameChanger from the return positions.

I think he only had 1 return for 6, but man he flipped the field routinely which is the main job of a returner

He’s still number 7 all time on the Saints PR/KR list.

He’s number 4 all time for the Saints in PR yards.

He’s number 8 all time for the Saints in KR yards.

Hardy doesn’t get enough credit for as good as he was when healthy. He was an elite GameChanger from the return positions.

I think he only had 1 return for 6, but man he flipped the field routinely which is the main job of a returner
Id trade em in a heart beat
He’s no Micheal Lewis josh cribbs Devin Hester Reggie bush or Dante hall he was decent at best elite players score touchdowns if he got more muffs then touchdowns that should let you know where he is especially if he don’t have 3 tds
Field position is critical but to call him elite I think is false

ion like dis post

dats cap
We can disagree but what part is cap
9 fumbles to 1 touchdown doesn’t sound elite to me
Yards is nice but how many times has he returned it to inside the 20 ?

Harty high for punts is 10 yards a return
And kick return is 25 equivalent to a touchback I don’t see the elite in that

They will definitely air it out with him. He can get down the field, but he's not a gadget player like Shaheed has shown. Considering this new kick off rule, it might be hard for him to show his value there, but he's a good punt returner.

Are you saying Shaheed is a gadget player?

It was either PC or DA who is on record saying that once he got healthy they were able to see what he brought besides the return game, but he had to learn the offense so they could incorporate him. People like to forget that it's a hard offense to learn. Emmanuel Sanders admitted it took him half a season as a 30 y/o veteran to learn the offense.

Shaheed is more than a gadget player.

Last edited:
Are you saying Shaheed is a gadget player?

It was either PC or DA who is on record saying that once he got healthy they were able to see what he brought besides the return game, but he had to learn the offense so they could incorporate him. People like you forget that it's a hard offense to learn. Emmanuel Sanders admitted it took him half a season as a 30 y/o veteran to learn the offense.

Shaheed is more than a gadget player.
People forget that he came from an FCS school and was rehabbing from a torn ACL. For him to contribute as much as he did as quickly as he did was astounding. He made some real veteran heads-up plays last season, breaking off his route a few times to bail Andy out when he was getting flushed from the pocket.

I will say that if Michael Thomas stays healthy and puts up near his usual stats, that will cap the counting stats Olave and Shaheed will accumulate.

But man -- imagine when all gears are working at once. Who does the defense put their third corner on? And if they decide to double just one of them, someone else is always going to be working against single coverage from a down-the-line DB. Defenses can drop six DBs if Carr is smoking, but then our deep set of RBs only has to face five or six in the box. Decisions, decisions ...

classic setup.....the offense is only going to be as good as our offensive line, we need to stay healthy there as well, I tend not to get too excited about what appears to be a strong roster, things often don't turn out as expected due to any number of factors....I'm a wait and see type....

We can disagree but what part is cap
9 fumbles to 1 touchdown doesn’t sound elite to me
Yards is nice but how many times has he returned it to inside the 20 ?
You said yards do not really matter. Thats Cap.
Ion care if you never score a single TD, if you get us to the other side of the 50 more than not, that gives the offense a short field.

I get that TD and Fumbles are important, but saying yards don't matter is cap.

You said yards do not really matter. Thats Cap.
Ion care if you never score a single TD, if you get us to the other side of the 50 more than not, that gives the offense a short field.

I get that TD and Fumbles are important, but saying yards don't matter is cap.
Ok you are right but with the offense we had/have we needed him to break one or two

My point is he isn’t elite you put him up to Devin Hester Micheal Lewis josh cribbs or any of the other elites he doesn’t compare

Id trade em in a heart beat
He’s no Micheal Lewis josh cribbs Devin Hester Reggie bush or Dante hall he was decent at best elite players score touchdowns if he got more muffs then touchdowns that should let you know where he is especially if he don’t have 3 tds
Field position is critical but to call him elite I think is false
I respect that, that’s your opinion and it’s not a bad take. You make some valid points. Bringing up those other guys is a little irrelevant because we weren’t comparing them. But I’ll talk about Bush a little since they played for the same team.

He’s ahead of Bush with 25 less punt returns. The fact that he’s where he is in Saints history makes him elite to the Saints, that’s all. Reggie was electric since he had 3 more touchdowns as a pro than Hardy did in the return game. However, Reggie couldn’t return kickoffs and wasn’t very good at it. Hence why he was only asked to do that 5 times in his career.

Reggie had 4 punt return touchdowns his whole career, two in one game. Hardy had 1. Yet he was better at seeing the hole and hitting it for more yardage than Reggie in much less attempts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom