Fournette Arrested (1 Viewer)

MTDB1983

Very Banned
Reaction score
Apparently he was driving with a suspended license. It came across my ESPN app.
Links to come.

I agree that you should just handle your business. BUT, how does one get ARRESTED for driving with a suspended license. Shouldn’t that just be a ticket or a traffic court summons? I remember one day about 20 years ago a cop by the Huey P Long bridge issued me 5 different tickets for the same thing. The judge threw them all out when I went to court. I think the cop would have looked at the cop even crazier if he had arrested me for a motor vehicle violation.

That is crazy to bring him in for a suspended license.

The dude could pay to have someone chauffeur him around. Why not just do that?

Agreed, but apparently the unpaid ticket (37 mph in a 25) was only $204. That’s even cheaper than a full-time chauffeur.

2 questions, one, why didn't he just go ahead and pay the $200 ticket? It's like a $5 ticket to me. He certainly can afford it. He ended up having to pay $1500 bond to get out.

Second, why did the police pull him over, and why did they arrest him instead of ticketing him and/or issue a summons? It seems like a waste of everyone's time for something as small as this.

Disregard the 2nd question. I didn't see that he was pulled over for speeding and while driving with a suspended license. Fournette deserved to get arrested at that point. The crappy formatting of the page the article was on made it hard to read.

Last edited:
2 questions, one, why didn't he just go ahead and pay the $200 ticket? It's like a $5 ticket to me. He certainly can afford it. He ended up having to pay $1500 bond to get out.

Second, why did the police pull him over, and why did they arrest him instead of ticketing him and/or issue a summons? It seems like a waste of everyone's time for something as small as this.
Only Fournette can answer your first question. If you ask me, he's a knucklehead and that's what knuckleheads do. They do stupid things and don't think about the consequences.

As to your second question, it was a routine traffic stop (reason unstated) and he'd already blown off paying one ticket so issuing him another would be kind of stupid, don't you think? More than likely he would blow off a second one and/or a summons.

We need Superchuck to come explain. Him or that Lt. someone or another who used to be a cop.

The dude could pay to have someone chauffeur him around. Why not just do that?

You can pay these tickets online and don't have to worry about taking time off for court. Judges
are not very fond of those who fail to appear.

People saying that it's not normally an arrest:
Were they just going to cite him and then let him drive off with a suspended license? :rolleyes:

It's always an arrest unless the police officer is just being nice. By law the car should be impounded.

In all fairness you can get suspended for nonpay of a small fine, but a lot of time people are suspended due to DUI or refusal of the breathalyzer.

Last edited:
People saying that it's not normally an arrest:
Were they just going to cite him and then let him drive off with a suspended license? :rolleyes:

It's always an arrest unless the police officer is just being nice. It should always ends with an impound of the car and trip to jail.

In all fairness you can get suspended for nonpay of a small fine, but a lot of times people are suspended due to DUI or refusal of the breathalyzer.

He failed to appear in court for the original speeding ticket. it's just a guess,but I imagine the judge issued a bench
warrant for his arrest if he was stopped again.

Last edited:
Only Fournette can answer your first question. If you ask me, he's a knucklehead and that's what knuckleheads do. They do stupid things and don't think about the consequences.

As to your second question, it was a routine traffic stop (reason unstated) and he'd already blown off paying one ticket so issuing him another would be kind of stupid, don't you think? More than likely he would blow off a second one and/or a summons.

I dunno what normal protocol is where he is, but I've known people who were pulled over for driving with a suspended license and they were not arrested. In a lot of cases, police do have discretion as to how they handle traffic stops, issue warnings, tickets or in rare cases arrest a driver.

Regardless, I wonder what gave them cause to pull him over in the first place. They don't know he's got a suspended license when he's pulled over. Not enough info in the article tbh.

And just because he's a knucklehead doesn't mean he's supposed get targeted by the police. The police don't typically pull people over for unpaid tickets and fines. If he was just driving and minding his own business, why would he get pulled over? ? But like I said, the article doesn't give enough info on what exactly caused the traffic stop.

Now, if there's a warrant, then that changes the story. Cops would have to arrest him if that's the case. But a warrant wasn't mentioned in the story. I have to think there's more to the story.

Edit: Indeed there was more to the story and apparently he was pulled over for speeding...again. So that renders most of this post pointless, heh.

Last edited:
He failed to appear in court for the original speeding ticket. it's just a guess,but I imagine the judge issued a bench
warrant for his arrested if he was stopped again.

After a warrant is issued for a non-pay of the fine they suspend the license as well. I dunno how quick they send or process that, but they definitely do it here when they don't get their cash. I have a feeling Florida is probably as strict as we are.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom