Fournette to Carolina at 8? (1 Viewer)

I think the Panthers want him, but I think Fournette is too much of a temptation to fall to 8. Personally, I hope he goes to the CFL, where he can't jack up our DB's.

Yes we do. Or better yet, after stalling out in the NFCCG the Falcons should mortgage the future to give Matt Ryan one more weapon because he is really such an amazing QB and only just needs basically an all pro team around him on offense to be consistent in big games. Fourtnette's direct physical style and lack of durability against college athletes spell an extremely short and injury plagued pro career. I would love to see a division rival select him. Great guy, exciting, won't hold up in the pros.

Brought to you by Deuce McAllister's crystal ball.

Below is Deuce's pre draft negatives.

"Negatives... Has had problems overcoming minor injuries...Lacks elusive running skills, showing little hip swerve, as he prefers to run through tacklers...More comfortable in the short passing game, as he tends to look sloppy coming out of his breaks on deep routes...Needs to do a better job of being aware when the opponent is blitzing, in order to lend support as a blocker...Has never been the team's "main weapon," serving more in a complimentary role while sharing playing time at tailback."

What a bust!

Yes we do. Or better yet, after stalling out in the NFCCG the Falcons should mortgage the future to give Matt Ryan one more weapon because he is really such an amazing QB and only just needs basically an all pro team around him on offense to be consistent in big games. Fourtnette's direct physical style and lack of durability against college athletes spell an extremely short and injury plagued pro career. I would love to see a division rival select him. Great guy, exciting, won't hold up in the pros.

Seems like you're making the case that Fournette had an injury prone college career. That's not the case.

Brought to you by Deuce McAllister's crystal ball.

Below is Deuce's pre draft negatives.

"Negatives... Has had problems overcoming minor injuries...Lacks elusive running skills, showing little hip swerve, as he prefers to run through tacklers...More comfortable in the short passing game, as he tends to look sloppy coming out of his breaks on deep routes...Needs to do a better job of being aware when the opponent is blitzing, in order to lend support as a blocker...Has never been the team's "main weapon," serving more in a complimentary role while sharing playing time at tailback."

What a bust!

Tell me why I read this while actually imagining Deuce's voice say this word for word, lol.

I'd rather Fournette go to another team so that I can root for him to have a successful career.

That's the best case scenario if you want to beat the Panthers. RB is the most dependent position on an NFL roster. Carolina's o-line is in pieces and they're likely going to lose a starter or two to free agency. I'll give you that LF is an upgrade to Stew-beef, but he doesn't scare me as much as them rostering another monster defender would.

I stand corrected. But in my opinion I think Dixion is a game changer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Would be pretty crazy if Fournette goes to Carolina and Reuben Foster to New Orleans.

Carolina has much greater needs than running back. They need corners and Tackles the most.

Carolina has much greater needs than running back. They need corners and Tackles the most.

Teams don't always draft according to need. Especially given that you'd expect them to address needs with veterans in free agency.

Hell, it certainly is our MO. We don't need a running back, but we almost have to draft him if he slipped to us.

Yes I sure hope the Jets take him! I sure don't want to face a backfield of Cam and Buga twice a year. Then I read on ESPN that one of the teams Adrian Peterson would like to play for is the Sucs. They have Doug Martin, so doubt that would happen. But if so that would be crazy to face Fournette and Peterson twice a year...yikes lol

Could be possible, because I isn't Doug Martin facing that four game suspension next year?

Problem is no tackle is worth the number 8 pick and this draft is deeper at CB than the 2014 draft was at WR.

They'll be good CB prospects in the 2nd and early 3rd. Their rookie just finished the season grading out higher than Josh Norman did in DC. Hell higher than any of our corners for that matter :idunno:

Don't they have Chris Ivory? If they bring in Chip Kelly, i'm not sure what they'll do with a bruiser and a bruise in the backfield.

FIFY...................Fournette would be the bruiser cause up until now with Ivory's injury history he would be the bruise.

If the Panthers do take Fournette at #8 the teams in the NFC South would just have to sack up and play them twice a year..........:idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom