Fournette to Carolina at 8? (1 Viewer)

I remember when we were all saying our O-Line was in shambles, and Drew Brees was going to murdered behind that line. Then the Regular Season started and our O-Line really wasn't that bad. Moral of the story: You don't know until Free Agency is over and the Preseason is done.

I just have a feeling Fournette is going to be a really good NFL running back. I don't see him being Adrian Peterson, because there's only one Adrian Peterson. AP also had the luxury of playing behind an extremely talented O-Line right from the start of his career (kinda like how we saw Ezekiel Elliot this year rack up the numbers in Dallas). I remember his rookie year setting all those crazy records, that game against the Chargers where he racked up 296 yards in a single game was INSANE!

We've had talented players on other teams before, nothing we can't (or at least SHOULDN'T be able to adjust to)

The only way the Panthers fix themselves is if they fix their O-line. LF won't help them, I hope they trade up into the top 5 to draft him.
Panthers had a bad year but are not a bad team. Can't believe that you pair LF up with cam and those receivers and he can't help them significantly. Stewart is toward the end of his tenure for them. Don't want to see LF in this division unless with the saints.

Don't they have Chris Ivory? If they bring in Chip Kelly, i'm not sure what they'll do with two bruisers in the backfield.

You can't compare Ivory to Fournette. Jacksonville should take LF#7. That would be a home-run for them.

We don't need a running back, but we almost have to draft him if he slipped to us.

There will be players available with a higher grade on the Saints' draft board.

Meanwhile, if the Panthers make a good enough pick to make them significantly harder to beat, the position and, by extension, whether it is Fournette or not is irrelevant.

IMO Ozzie and the Ravens will have a high enough grade on Cook, possibly McCaffrey or A.N. Other to wait for them. He's a smart cat.

RB as a high draft choice? Remember how high Ezekiel Elliott went in the last draft? Remember all the criticism the Cowboys took for that choice? Was he worth it? I think the answer is ABSOLUTELY.

Fournette could be a dominant player for a mainly ground-based attack team for a number of years.

Not really super worried about Fournette. For some reason I don't see him living up to the hype once he's in the NFL.

Just a hunch.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

RB as a high draft choice? Remember how high Ezekiel Elliott went in the last draft? Remember all the criticism the Cowboys took for that choice? Was he worth it? I think the answer is ABSOLUTELY.

Fournette could be a dominant player for a mainly ground-based attack team for a number of years.
The Cowgirls had already put together the best O-line in football, so selecting E.E. was an easy & smart choice to make. The pieces were in place already for them to be able to draft a HB as high as they did.

Not really super worried about Fournette. For some reason I don't see him living up to the hype once he's in the NFL.

Just a hunch.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

While I do like Fournette I almost agree with you on this. To me the other kid (Guice) is just as good as Fournette and if he stays healthy for the entire season will come closer to winning the Heisman than Fournette did.

I personally think Fournette goes to the Jags.

I believe this is his landing spot as well. The Jags have used the last 2 drafts and FA signing period shoring up their defense. It's time to
give Bortles some weapons on offense.

Panthers had a bad year but are not a bad team. Can't believe that you pair LF up with cam and those receivers and he can't help them significantly. Stewart is toward the end of his tenure for them. Don't want to see LF in this division unless with the saints.
Cam is prone to pouting when he gets hit and LF won't have many yards if he doesn't have hole to run through.
And let's not forget their best Defensive player has concussion problems.

I think Jacksonville will go with Cook if they choose a RB first. At least i hope so if we can't have Buga then i would rather him go to the Giants or Colts. I don't want to see him in the NFC South. Everybody I talk to seems to think he will do nothing in the NFL i just completely disagree. I believe this dude will elevate his game to another level.

While I do like Fournette I almost agree with you on this. To me the other kid (Guice) is just as good as Fournette and if he stays healthy for the entire season will come closer to winning the Heisman than Fournette did.

I love Guice but he's not close to Fournette.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom