Fournette wearing a boot (1 Viewer)

You

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Evidently leonard suffered a light ankle sprain and he's wearing a boot. Word is that it's minor and should be back for the opener.
Prolly better to be safe than sorry

Evidently leonard suffered a light ankle sprain and he's wearing a boot. Word is that it's minor and should be back for the opener.
Prolly better to be safe than sorry

sprained wrist? Cast.

pulled muscled in arm? bubble wrap him.

:hihi:

yeah the boot is to speed up recovery -

i hope. :covri:

Latest:

Leonard Fournette … Fournette suffered a sprained ankle in practice last week, and head coach Les Miles said he was expected back in the mix this week after sitting out of a few practices and the scrimmage. LSU will certainly take things easy on the Heisman hopeful over the next 11 days, but there’s still no guarantee that Fournette will be completely healthy for the opener. Derrius Guice has been seeing the first-team reps in his place, with Darrel Williams working as his backup. Fournette’s status at this point is listed as day-to-day.

Latest:

Leonard Fournette … Fournette suffered a sprained ankle in practice last week, and head coach Les Miles said he was expected back in the mix this week after sitting out of a few practices and the scrimmage. LSU will certainly take things easy on the Heisman hopeful over the next 11 days, but there’s still no guarantee that Fournette will be completely healthy for the opener. Derrius Guice has been seeing the first-team reps in his place, with Darrel Williams working as his backup. Fournette’s status at this point is listed as day-to-day.

I think he'll be fine and welcome the additional reps for Guice. I see big promise with Guice and look forward to seeing his change of pace create some excitement.

Fournette is out of boot and running. He should be back at practice soon and barring setback will play at Wisconsin.

As great as Fournette is, there is no giant drop off with Guice. LSU will be able to run on Wisconsin.

Wisconsin will do the same thing every team does with LSU. They will load the box and take their chances with Harris throwing.

I don't worry about our running offense, even with Williams in. The keys this year, aside from the obvious with the qb, will be how the defense plays. If Aranda is as good as advertised, watch out. Teams with stifling defenses and solid running games are very hard to beat.

It's the defense I am really looking forward to watching. A good defense keeps you in every game and quiets crowds on the road. They also get the ball to the offense more and with better field position.

I think he'll be fine and welcome the additional reps for Guice. I see big promise with Guice and look forward to seeing his change of pace create some excitement.

I do too. Guice is really freaking good and would start for just about any other team in the country.

I do too. Guice is really freaking good and would start for just about any other team in the country.

LSU has had great running back combos throughout Miles tenure, they have running backs like Blue in the NFL who were never even full time starters at LSU.

I cannot think of a better one/two combo than Fournette and Guice. At full speed, Fournette is the better of the two. He is a bit faster and bigger, so you have that whole mass times acceleration equals force thing working. Its why safeties get bowled over.

Guice seems to have a bit more side to side motion, like a Dalton Hilliard, only faster. Somehow Guice appears to be a bit better at finding something when nothing is there.

If they both stay healthy this could turn out to be one of the best one-two punches in college football history. Personally I would increase Guice's load this season, still giving Fournette the majority of the carries.

I think its better for Fournette's health and better for the team with the two backs always staying fresh.

I know they may be tempted to get Fournette the Heisman, but I would hate to see Fournette running up yds in games we have already won just to get his numbers.

I don't think Fournette needs to duplicate the overall numbers as much as LSU needs to not loose. He can pace himself until Obama and then feed him 30 touches a game after that, losing no more than 1 game along the way.

Heisman.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom