Fournette's Instagram (Free Agent Hat) (1 Viewer)

Where are the people that Leonard Fournette
I remember when he was coming out it was blasphemy to mention it but there were questions about his work ethic and passion for the game. Maybe by the time he made it to the league he'd been hyped so much that he figured all he had to do was show up. That's the only thing that makes his career make sense because the talent is there. Come playoff time he'd turn into Playoff Lenny and give maximum effort and you can see that he's a beast.

I was lambasted for comparing him to Darren McFadden but the reason they both underachieved is identical.

When you play your entire prep and collegiate football career being meaningfully bigger, faster, and stronger than everyone on the field as a RB, you tend to lose out on vision, anticipation, patience, etc. At the NFL level where that raw talent gap is completely closed, players like DMac and Fournette are suddenly behind the 8-ball instead of way ahead of the opposition.

Where are the people that Leonard Fournette

I was lambasted for comparing him to Darren McFadden but the reason they both underachieved is identical.

When you play your entire prep and collegiate football career being meaningfully bigger, faster, and stronger than everyone on the field as a RB, you tend to lose out on vision, anticipation, patience, etc. At the NFL level where that raw talent gap is completely closed, players like DMac and Fournette are suddenly behind the 8-ball instead of way ahead of the opposition.

Yup, like I said earlier, his game never evolved, he wasn't going to be great if he didn't work on his weaknesses, those weaknesses didn't matter much at the collegiate level, but in the NFL they are magnified.....the intangibles in the NFL are huge....

Say it again a little louder for those in the back.

The dude averaged 3.5 YPC last year. Ingram, despite being 6 years older, averaged 3.8 YPC last year and fans wanted to crucify him for it. Yet now we should pick up a dude that's toting the rock with an even worse average? Please.

If he didn't go to LSU, signing him wouldn't even be a thought on these boards.
He played almost the entire season with a Lisfranc sprain. Up until that point, he showed explosion well beyond anything Ingram has ever shown. He has root sin NOLA, so if he had attended Bama or South Dakota State, he would 100% absolutely be mentioned as a potential signee on these boards.

Didn't think we would be a landing spot, but interesting to see. I think he goes to the Broncos, but still wondering if the Saints reached out to him?

Screenshot_20230326_192121_Instagram.jpg

He doesn't have much of a market and is creating an imaginary one for himself.

That's my first impression of this picture.

If he had this many suitors, he'd be signed already.

He played almost the entire season with a Lisfranc sprain. Up until that point, he showed explosion well beyond anything Ingram has ever shown.
And yet he still had the most touches in a season he’s had since he’s been in a Bucs uniform. If the injury was that serious, I doubt they’d still be loading his wagon that much.

But if it was that serious, why even risk injuring it further knowing you’re a free agent at the end of the season?

And all that burst yet still would be lucky to have half the career in the League that Ingram has had, both in longevity and accolades. 😂

So he's narrowed down his wishlist to almost half of the NFL...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom