FOX announces FOX Sports 1 network (1 Viewer)

I jest about the bias thing but in reality I have a hard time seeing how competition can be a bad thing. If people will just be picky about what they watch and not sit in front of the 1st and 10 type shows - giving them enough ratings to stay on - then we can get rewarded by more quality. Unfortunately, TV viewers have not shown any signs of getting pickier.

I don't like how noisy Fox Sports website is. I hope they go with a simpler look.
I understand this is a station, but a website overhaul wouldn't hurt.

I read an article today that talked about how ESPN and FOX have actually gone together in several bids in the last few years, mostly competing against NBC. Article said NBC calls them FOSPN in their offices. I wonder if their working together will be better or worse for things like the new FOX 1. I'm all for anything that means we see more actual games. There are some sports where you are lucky to only see a few games a week on "national" level channels.

Cue the annoying robot playing basketball, baseball, hockey, ping pong, tiddly winks, blah blah blah ad nauseum

ESPN has the armed forces carrying it overseas markets. you get 3 national games every week, usually the best matches. I hope Fox can replace ESPN IN the USA.

AFN carries the sporting event, it usually doesn't matter what the network is that the event is on. ESPN just happens to carry most events so it seems ESPN is always on AFN, but AFN carries all boxing events, WWE events, UFC fights and a ton of basketball, football, baseball, etc.

This is Fox keeping up with the Joneses -- NBC and CBS have recently launched 24 hour sports channels and ABC owns ESPN, so Fox was the only major broadcaster without a dedicated 24 hour channel (though they did have regional channels, like Fox Sports New Orleans, and sports specific ones, like Fox Soccer Channel).

Competition is good though -- the NBA TV deal runs out in 2016, so expect a major bidding war.

Cue the annoying robot playing basketball, baseball, hockey, ping pong, tiddly winks, blah blah blah ad nauseum

I don't know which I hate worse: Cleatus or Berman. I think it's time for a Celebrity Death Match.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom