Fox Fight (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Weird
==========

It was only four months ago that a gray fox made a beeline toward Norman Kenney outside his home in Maine. The 88-year-old stomped it to death.

Then, early Friday evening, just home from the store, Kenney closed his garage door. He heard a mew sound, and thought it was his cat. “Come on, April. Let’s go,” he said he called out.

But the animal was another fox, and it charged at him, biting his face and hands, knocked him to the driveway and sent his glasses tumbling.

So what is it about Kenney that fills the common fox with frothy rage?

“I wish I knew,” he told The Washington Post by phone Tuesday, shortly before officials said the fox in last week’s attack tested positive for rabies.

In this attack, the fox gave more fight than the other, he said. The former fire chief, a stout 200 pounds, wrestled the animal for at least 12 minutes, he said.

Kenney had a folding cane, but it collapsed with each blow, eroding into a clunky weapon that only agitated the fox, which he estimated was about 30 pounds............

Foxes usually don't attack humans unless they are rabid. I'd bet the first one was too. I've seen many in the wild while hunting and
they always ran away.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom