fox hd on cox (1 Viewer)

fish321

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Im not sure if this is the right forum, and I am certain this has been posted on a million times but Im getting so fed up with this bs. I check nearly everyday when I get home from work, hoping against hope that they will get this thing taken care of before next season but instead I now get cinemax and hgtv and the travel channel. I have a tv without an adsc tuner so to get over the air it will cost a couple hundred bucks. I really dont want to spend that so I was hoping someone on this board would have some inside information on if this is possibly in sight before next season. I know the problem is the local station being up for sale and all, just wondering if there were any new developments

man that sucks I've had Fox HD since I got my HD box from them years ago

lol rub it in, everyone has it everywhere but here. Of all the stations it has to be that one.

lol rub it in, everyone has it everywhere but here. Of all the stations it has to be that one.

sorry bout that.. man that does suck and doesn't make any sense. And yeah... of all the freakin' stations.

A few years back LSU played most of their football games on espn2HD, but we only had espnHD so that sucked

The owners of Fox 8 are trying to sell and are unwilling to spend any money on anything at the station. Until it's sold, it won't be on Cox.

I hear ya kos, that woulda killed me.

Hey SaintRob, do you know what theyre asking? Ill chip in a share, we can make it the first SR member owned tv station.

hell I'll chip in for you guys.. that freakin' sucks

The owners of Fox 8 are trying to sell and are unwilling to spend any money on anything at the station. Until it's sold, it won't be on Cox.

how does DirecTV have Fox8 in HD then?

I am going to have to second Rum on this. I have Fox in HD through DirecTV. Why would they exclude Cox just because they are trying to sell?

What Really Suck Is That I Bought A Antenna That Hooks Up Right To The T.v. And Walla Put Channel 8.1 And I Get Fox Hd For Free

it has to do with how much Cox is willing to pay for the market. Fox 8 is probably asking for a high dollar amount which Cox is unwilling to pay. They can do that because there are no other cable providers in that area that don't require satellite. Eventually Fox 8 will lower their demands.

You can get a set-top HD tuner for WAY less than $200 on eBay.

I think he knows that - he says his TV doesn't have internal tuners.

fish321, you might want to double check about that because almost all TVs have internal tuners that will allow you to use an antenna to pick up HD signals. I bought one online for $40 and FOX HD comes in beautiful over-the-air.

As far as the deal is concerned... don't waste your time checking every day after work. Cox is NOT getting Fox HD until the station is sold, period.

thanks shoo, believe me i tried. The TV in my main room is the only one without a tuner. Done worry I was over exagerating a little by the every day thing, though it does **** me off.

Thanks furor hadnt considered ebay, going check it out now

This is somewhat related. But not only is Fox in NOLA not in HD, but last year the games in standard broadcast looked really bad compared to every other station. They shouldn't be allowed to keep the broadcast rights if they aren't capable of doing it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom