Fox Sports: Giants are contenders, jury out on other 2-0 teams (1 Viewer)

Not to bring up old points, but we will never have a top 10 statistic defense. Our offense gives the ball to the other team A LOT during the course of a game. We gave the Eagles 12 possessions (5 punts, 3 picks, 2 FGs, 2 TDs). You give any offense the ball 12 times they are going to get yards, it is inevitable.

I don't think gg will allow the players to look back and rationalize 700 yards and 49 points in only 2 games. At least I hope not. Fans have the luxury of doing that. I do it myself sometimes, to make myself feel better about about things that worry me. (Like the Bills, Jets, Falcons, and Giants)

He's a coach; it's not his job to rationalize it. But if you're going to analyze it and discuss it in regards to other teams, it's important to know why it happened, not to just know that it happened.

I just want them to give up less points than we score. I'm easy.

Touche! :ezbill:

All I want is to score more than the other team also. I just have a feeling that at some point, our offense won't score 30+ points, whether it's because we're just off that day, a defense we play against has a lights out day, or our o-line has a bad day and a team gets pressure up the middle and disrupts our timing. Even on a bad day, I think our offence will score 21 pts. It'll be nice to feel confident we can win that type of game especially if it comes in the playoff. I have a feeling we can, but I'm not sure yet.

Not to bring up old points, but we will never have a top 10 statistic defense. Our offense gives the ball to the other team A LOT during the course of a game. We gave the Eagles 12 possessions (5 punts, 3 picks, 2 FGs, 2 TDs). You give any offense the ball 12 times they are going to get yards, it is inevitable.

You make a great point. I've thought about this earlier. Think about how many bad teams we'll play and instead of dominating, we'll be laying back because the score will be lopsided in our favor and why show anything on defense that we don't have to.

I agree that it seems fair. You guys probably have played better than some of the teams ahead of you. But when it is early in the season, and when you only have two games to go off of, you have to rely heavily on what happened last year. If you look at teams like the Giants, Ravens and Falcons, they all had success last year as well as early success this year.

The game was over when he got his yards, we were in a sort of prevent. I am tired of hearing about the yards that Kolb got. We have had 2 break downs this season, one to Jackson and the other to Johnson. Other than that we have been great on D.....

Dude, your preaching to the quire, read all my post before quoting me.
I agree that this defense has improved leaps and bounds, and the turnovers, and final scores have more than made up, for the total yardage. With that bieng said, this is a forum, a place to brag about our team and voice concerns. This is probably the most balanced team in Saints history, but there is always room for improvement. The glass is always half full when it come to the saints for me. :ezbill:

I like Williams ability to adjust.

absolutely. another point is how deep philly went into the offensive playcalling to try to get something going against new orlean's defense. that was a huge compliment to the defense, in my opinion. big whoop on yardage gained if you can't get points out of it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom