Fox Sports: Giants are contenders, jury out on other 2-0 teams (1 Viewer)

I'm usually not one to get upset over media bias but this is a little bit ridiculous. The Giants ran into a dreadful performance by Romo, barely won and they're contenders. We ran into a pretty decent performance from a backup and the #1 defense (at the time) and yet the jury's still out. How does that work? :facepalm:

NEW YORK Giants :9:

Cant really argue with that, our defense did give up alot of yards to Kolb, but we stopped them when we needed to. That 3 game stretch will show what were made of.

The game was over when he got his yards, we were in a sort of prevent. I am tired of hearing about the yards that Kolb got. We have had 2 break downs this season, one to Jackson and the other to Johnson. Other than that we have been great on D.....

If New York and the Saints are undefeated when we meet, how much you wanna bet we get bumped up the flex schedule to Sunday Night?

If New York and the Saints are undefeated when we meet, how much you wanna bet we get bumped up the flex schedule to Sunday Night?

I'll bet you as much as you are willing to wager.

.....(no flex scheduling until week 11)....

look I love the Saints too, but does it matter how he got the yards? didnt we use that arguement with Stafford, about how alot of his yards came on 1 play. I think that can be said in just about every senario.

Correct. The stats are what they are. The stats will live in the NFL history books forever. The excuses will vanish in a few months anyway, so why use them?

you must not have watched the 1st half. :angryrazz: Defense looks much better. just voiced a concern.

I can't blame a fan for being concerned but Williams laid back in the 4th quarter on purpose . the first 3 quarters the defense played great .

Really?

I wish there was flex scheduling earlier. It would dominate!

Last edited:
against two division rivals. winning in Dallas.

say what you want but division games bring more to the playing field.

they earn my respect. until they come to the DOME

The Giants and Cowboys are overrated and not one of them could stop the pass . Whats the real difference between them and the Saints ?

Correct. The stats are what they are. The stats will live in the NFL history books forever. The excuses will vanish in a few months anyway, so why use them?

Because they're not excuses? It's a reason and there's a difference between the two. The context matters just as much as the stats themselves.

I'm hoping to see our defense put together a complete game. What I mean by that is:

1.) Don't give up any big plays (TD's over 30 yrds).
2.) Keep the score under 20 pts.
3.) Get some pressure on the quarterback (2 sacks and a few hurries).
4.) Get a couple of turnover.
5.) Get off the field on 3rd down.

If they can manage to put all of these things together in at least one game, I will feel a lot better. I see glimpses in the first two games, but I would like to see it all of it. It will impress me if they can prevent number 1 from happening against T.O and Lee Evans.

I just want them to give up less points than we score. I'm easy.

I actually watched the Eagles game and I knew that the game was over near the end of the 3rd quarter . Anyways if you let the writers spin it then they would have you believe the Eagles or Giants will be in the Super Bowl against the Tom Brady and the Patriots .

I just want the Saints to dominate this year and win the Super Bowl so they can shut the critics up .

Because they're not excuses? It's a reason and there's a difference between the two. The context matters just as much as the stats themselves.

I don't think gg will allow the players to look back and rationalize 700 yards and 49 points in only 2 games. At least I hope not. Fans have the luxury of doing that. I do it myself sometimes, to make myself feel better about about things that worry me. (Like the Bills, Jets, Falcons, and Giants)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom