Fox Sports power rankings 10/13/09 (1 Viewer)

Funny, but it seems right now that I'm gonna feel a lot better about all the accolades if we can take care of business this Sunday.

:scratch:

These have become my favorite because of the way they do comments. Some very good facts there.

Such as:

New York's last three wins were against cupcakes with a combined record of 1-14. But two wins against their NFC East rivals have been by a combined margin of just eight points, against unimpressive Washington and Dallas.

The only competent team the Eagles have played (Saints, Week 2) came into Philly's building and put a 48 spot on the board, with the Birds' three wins coming against teams with a composite record of 1-13.

and my favorite being a Vikings hater..

The Vikes have had the early schedule on their side, with their two toughest opponents (49ers and Packers) at home, while Minny's three road trips were against NFL lowlifes Cleveland, Detroit and St, Louis. Plus, the 49ers win came on a last-second miracle heave.

were number 1 in the whatif.com poll!
they have the saints beating the giants too...

<TABLE id=pr_data cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 summary="WHATIFSPORTS NFL POWER RANKINGS"><TBODY><TR class=on><TD>10</TD><TD>Saints</TD><TD>vs New York Giants</TD><TD>30 - 24 </TD><TD>63.0%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I'd like to see not only the SOS stuff that has been posted (opponents had a combined X-Y record) but also a SOSS (opponents of opponents have a combined X-Y record) and so on.

I think it could make for a really interesting bar graph.

Funny, but it seems right now that I'm gonna feel a lot better about all the accolades if we can take care of business this Sunday.

:scratch:
Actually the 4-0 start has filled me with enough Kool Aid to ride out a dry spell or two and have confidence that we are good. The next 3 weeks as a unit, to me will tell me whether I think we are just good and have to carefully scrap to maximize our chances of making the playoffs and doing well, or great with a fair chance to get in and even to dominate even if we slump. Beat the NYG, Miami and ATL, and I'm set on great even if we have a dark period. Win 2 and I'm pretty happy all season long unless we have a major 3-4 game skid. Lose all three and I'm happy, but worried and hanging on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom