Fox's DVOA (?) Rankings (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
can anyone find them on their site? i'm looking for a good laugh, but they dont' seem to have them posted...maybe they realized their formula sucks...

:)

Seems like you can pull anything from stats, but I did find this interesting, so I guess it was worth my 30 seconds.

FO's Adjusted Line Yards stats (see here) rank the Saints 29th stopping runs around left end or right end, but fourth stopping runs listed as going behind a guard or up the middle.

thanks, guys...

we're actually ranked a lot better than I thought we'd be...i figured we'd still be up in the 20's...

the saints are low [relative to their w/l record] because the type of ball they play vitiates the basic DVOA assumptions. the goal of the DVOA is to find the best team relative to the others [through certain assumptions and stats via league averages] because every team doesn't play every other team.

unfortunately [for DVOA], NFL football is not about which team is better. it's about wins and losses, and stringing together an unbeaten streak once you make the playoffs. DVOA has nothing to do with wins and losses.

Ba boom, got the only undefeated team in the NFL sittin at big #7. Aaron Schatz sharted. {Mod edit, veiled profanity and profanity}. Anything that this guy says is discredited with this poll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ba boom, got the only undefeated team in the NFL sittin at big #7. Aaron Schatz sharted. {Mod edit, veiled profanity and profanity} Anything that this guy says is discredited with this poll.

but...it's not a poll...just hard number crunching. and i doubt schatz does any of it himself. the comments he makes on the fox site makes him look about as bright as my butt crack because the numbers [which are only on footballoutsiders.com] speak for themselves. and, no, i don't use crack spackle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaron Schatz himself must be on drugs.

bwahah nice link mambo.

i see this ranking as a paper ranking, and nothing else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom