FoxSports ranks Chris Ivory as the best available FA Runningback (1 Viewer)

Im suprised he hasnt got much trade interest (maybe he has, who knows).

I was watching some Ivory Hightlights the other day. Dude is just a monster, I love the way he runs. He is a tone setter, go see how he set the tone in the 1st Falcons game last season. I think Payton knows this and it's why we didnt let him hit the street.

He's fast, strong, and hits the hole with abandon. If he could run routes as well as Thomas it would be a no-brainer to me as to who to keep.

search

Well hell I can't figure out how to post a pic from my phone

Me either.

What kind of phones do you guys have? I have an android. The way I upload pics is this (if anybody has a better way please fill us in).

1. I go to Google, find the pic I want, click on it, then click on "view full size image".
2. Then copy the URL from the top of the page.
3. Then go back to SR.
4. Click "manage attachments" inside the post you are creating.
5. Paste the URL into one of the boxes where it says "upload from a URL."
6. Then to the right you have to click "upload." When you see that URL disappear from the box that you just pasted it in, then look up at the top of the "manage attachment" screen to make sure the file was uploaded successfully. (Sometimes it doesn't work. But Google images work about 90% of the time.)
7. Then you can close the "manage attachments" box, and type whatever you want in the reply box, and send your message.

What kind of phones do you guys have? I have an android. The way I upload pics is this (if anybody has a better way please fill us in).

1. I go to Google, find the pic I want, click on it, then click on "view full size image".
2. Then copy the URL from the top of the page.
3. Then go back to SR.
4. Click "manage attachments" inside the post you are creating.
5. Paste the URL into one of the boxes where it says "upload from a URL."
6. Then to the right you have to click "upload." When you see that URL disappear from the box that you just pasted it in, then look up at the top of the "manage attachment" screen to make sure the file was uploaded successfully. (Sometimes it doesn't work. But Google images work about 90% of the time.)
7. Then you can close the "manage attachments" box, and type whatever you want in the reply box, and send your message.

Thanks. :9:

In the article, it says he can catch balls out of the backfield. I thought one of the knocks on him was that he wasn't a good receiver out of the backfield, the other being he wasn't good in pass protection. So is he or is he not good at receiving out of the backfield?

I've always thought Payton wants to get Ivory the ball in space, and think they have worked hard on it.

If you pay close attention, he has been going out in patterns. They have enough confidence in him that they threw to him in a critical situations. (The defense blew the play up, causing Drew to make a bad throw).

The thing is if Ivory hasn't improved his receiving skills by now, he may never. My guess is that the coaches know more about his abilities than we do since they see him in practice all the time. If he demonstrates hands of rock in practice, it probably means that he is not going to get thrown the ball in a game. He is 4th on the depth chart for a reason. If a player can't engender confidence with the coaches to catch the ball regularly, that player will remain 4th on the depth chart. If the player can't catch the ball in Payton's offense, he may not even play at all. In the NFL, if you can't catch, you marginalize your value. In addition, before he can be traded he has to be signed. The saints had no choice, but to put a 2nd rd tender on him. He is important to them in his current role. The next lower alternative would've allowed him to walk since a team could've put a poison pill in the contract that would've made it undesirable for the team to match the contract given their current cap situation.

Ivory and Ingram need to be our one two punch like in the first ATL game of last season. Mix in Sproles on third or split him out wide. The problem is that leaves PT as the guy with barely any touches and he's the screen king and best pass protector. Our coaching staff is in a predicament. One is going to have to be gone either by this season or next for sure.

Pierre is getting older... Granted he's our best all round back...

Oddly I'd lie to have Pierre, ivory and sproles...

Ivory has done more with less than Ingram has... He has huge runs.. I can't rememeber any real monster runs by Ingram... Sorry

Russell Wilson is playing because he outplayed Flynn... It's a problem when you make decisions based on dollars and draft picks

Ivory and Ingram need to be our one two punch like in the first ATL game of last season. Mix in Sproles on third or split him out wide. The problem is that leaves PT as the guy with barely any touches and he's the screen king and best pass protector. Our coaching staff is in a predicament. One is going to have to be gone either by this season or next for sure.

Bye bye Cadet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom