FoxSports ranks Chris Ivory as the best available FA Runningback (1 Viewer)

Now the legend of Ivory is starting to grow a bit long. Really guys?! He cant catch. In this offense if you are any type of receiving threath you will get the rock at some point in the passing game. We even threw the football to Mike freaking Karney! In fact Karney probably has more receptions in one game than Ivory does in his career.

Well, I'll tell you this it's a good thing we held on to him right before the trade deadline, I think the next week he blew the dooors off with that Atlanta run. We may get a round or 2 higher in a trade than we would have originally.

We should trade him for whatever we can get IMO. He's just not going to get much playing time in our offense with all the guys we have here.

He needs to go to a team that can get him 15 to 20 touches a game... and that ain't gonna happen here.

If we can get a solid defensive player or a mid round pick for him... we should jump on that.

JMO.

Let's say we could get a 4th rounder for him. Who are some of the guys projected to go in the 4th or 5th that you'd rather have than Ivory?

Surprised Bolts aren't all over him, seeing as they have not had a RB since LT was in his prime and have struggled to find one since.

Let's say we could get a 4th rounder for him. Who are some of the guys projected to go in the 4th or 5th that you'd rather have than Ivory?

No idea... and that's not the point. The point is... Ivory is a luxury player with the guys we already have at RB, and he did not see much playing time last year... and likley will not again this year (baring injuries).

We need defensive (or potential defensive) help moreso than we need Ivory. (Obvious)

And just so you know... I would rather keep Ivory... I love how he runs... but I just don't see the point in keeping a player that will likely not see the field very often ... when you have such galring needs on defense, and with the need for young talent on a quickly aging team at other positions on offense as well (OT, WR, TE, etc)

Remeber, most of our starters on the O-line were 4th rounders or later.

Again... JMO.

He doesn't get thrown to or used on pass routes much for a reason.

And yes, Ingram's production tells me he's not good at catching out of the backfield at the NFL level either. At the end of the day college is college and Ingram has done nothing in the receiving department in the NFL.

Whether someone can catch or not is irrelevant. I can catch. You can catch. I'm sure Ivory can catch. That's the easy part.

I'd say that reason is because he's #4 on the depth chart. Saying a man cant catch out of the backfield just because he only has a couple catches in his career is illogical. and doesnt mean the coaches think he cant either. it's tough to get everyone involved when we have 11 people Brees can throw the ball to.

Ivory is my favorite back on the team. i love all of em, but the way he runs gets me pumped every time i see him lined up. you shoulda seen me last year on the 50 somethin yard td run against the falcons. my pops calls it a "sportsgasm"

Ivory%20T%20D-L.gif

I think any trade involving Ivory will not happen till draft day and maybe not until after the first day when a RB needy team misses out on someone like Eddie Lacy and is willing to send us a pick for Ivory. I also don't believe we will get a 2nd rounder for him, it may be more like a 3rd and a 7th or something like that. I would love to keep him but if it means we can get an extra pas rusher that we covet then sorry but I wish him well unless he plays against us.

That will be too late to land Ivory.

Ingram, Ivory, Sproles, Cadet. That will be our RB's this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom