Frank Clark (1 Viewer)

Can't afford his salary, IMO.

He's currently going to make over $17 million this year since he's been tagged, so he and his agent are most likely going to look to that number per year for a long term deal. He may not get it, but that's probably the negotiating starting point.

Thx much for the info. Clark is a monster and would be a great add to the Saints and a bargain for our #2, but as you pointed out, $17 mil is huge and that's in the QB range.

Oh well - he went to KC. I'm glad he went to an AFC team. Is Seattle in rebuild mode?

That is a lot to give up. A 1st, a 2nd and a swap of a 3rd, plus a $105 million contract for a good, not great, player. A very good deal for the Seahawks IMO.

That is a lot to give up. A 1st, a 2nd and a swap of a 3rd, plus a $105 million contract for a good, not great, player. A very good deal for the Seahawks IMO.

The Patriots have the right idea. Don't pay huge for pass rushers invest in your secondary. Yeah the pass rush and coverage works in tandem but you can generate a pass rush by sending extra people... if your secondary can't cover it doesn't matter how many you send pro receivers will get open.

Chiefs just hosed themselves. Haha. Also an interesting side note: Clark was picked by Seattle at pick #63 of the ‘15 draft. Looking forward to Saints pick at 62 in a couple days!

Last edited:
Great move by Seattle. They now have two 1st round picks this year (#21 and #29), five in total. Carroll and Schneider will turn those five picks into eight picks... and still draft a stud DE/DT and a WR to likely replace Doug Baldwin.

And with KC's 2nd round pick in 2020 and their four expected comp picks, Seattle now has 12 picks in next year's draft. That's a lot of bullets to let fly.

I should also add that by trading Clark it frees up $17.1M in Seattle's cap space this year, allowing Seattle to extend both Bobby Wagner and Jarran Reed. Seattle now has $26.3M in available cap space.

Last edited:
Great move by Seattle. They now have two 1st round picks this year (#21 and #29), five in total. Carroll and Schneider will turn those five picks into eight picks... and still draft a stud DE/DT and a WR to likely replace Doug Baldwin.

And with KC's 2nd round pick in 2020 and their four expected comp picks, Seattle now has 12 picks in next year's draft. That's a lot of bullets to let fly.

I should also add that by trading Clark it frees up $17.1M in Seattle's cap space this year, allowing Seattle to extend both Bobby Wagner and Jarran Reed. Seattle now has $26.3M in available cap space.

I think it will take 2-3 years for Seattle to get back into the hunt again. But certainly a good deal for Seattle in the long term.

Two things, which others elsewhere have commented on.

First, the Chiefs are doing something I strongly take issue with--hiring a new coordinator who proceeds to dismantle what the team has been drafting for so that he can install the defense or offense he wants, which requires different types of players. The Chiefs have been using a 3-4 defense. Spagnuolo uses a 4-3, which Clark fits.

Second, the Chiefs--and the Browns with John Dorsey, who came from Kansas City--seem much more willing to draft and sign players with character issues than most other teams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom