Frank okam, Jason shirley, Antwaun molden (1 Viewer)

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/jasonshirley.html

anyone impressed by this video (bottom of page) of this guy? he looks like a massive 3-technique ?

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/antwaunmolden.html

this guy antwaun molden is a freak of an athlete and is huge (see tge video at the bottom of his profile at the link above.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=73849 (see measurables) better than OSama young.

as is...

Frank Okam---see vid http://texas.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=36639 he looks like a better athlete than sedrick ellis.

does any one see us taking these guys?

I know Antwaun Molden and Frank Okam, I think both would be good choices in the mid rounds, Payton likes small school players so Molden may be a possibility in the 3rd if we don't get a CB in the first 2 rounds.

Antwaun Molden is a beast. He looks like a strong safety, but plays corner and runs a 4.39 40 at 6-2, 200 lbs.

Last edited:
I know Antwaun Molden and Frank Okam, I think both would be good choices in the mid rounds, Payton likes small school players so Molden may be a possibility in the 3rd if we don't get a CB in the first 2 rounds.

do you think that they will last past the 3rd? those guys seem to have the size and talent scouts drool over.

okam at his size seems like he would be a better run-stuffer or at least harder to move than sedrick ellis.

jason shirley resembles Jacksonville's john henderson in size and power.

jason%20shirely.jpg

but seems to come with a lot of added baggage (3 suspensions).

of the two Dts okam seems like less of a headache because he seems to be really intelligent and doesn't come with the terrible attitude and seems like more of a payton player.

correct me if I am wrong wasn't okam the one who had a bunch of red flags on his personality For some reason I cant remember if it was him or some other defensive player from texas

many scouts say that he lacks motivation but if you hear him speak in the second rivals video linked above i believe that they might just have his lack of fire confused with his passive demeanor.

i also read that he was hoping to go to law school somewhere i think.

Under Eddie O, I think Shirley could be a monster.

:plus-un2: provided he has his head screwed tight and his act together.

i don't think that coach would want to draft a problem player.

The Frank Okam Mystery

Frank Okam started immediately in his freshman season and was a bigger impact player than his stats indicated. While Roderick Wright was being doulbe teamed and stonewalled next to him, Frank was on the offenses side of the line of scrimmage blowing up virtually evey play that had anything to do with the middle. I thought he'd make a much better NFL player than the over hyped Rod Wright would make.

Okam's sophmore season started out much the same, and then he didn't start a game. Never heard a reason, he just wasn't out there with the starters. Discipline? Health? I don't know but it wasn't game day performance.

After that he wasn't the same player. He wasn't beat up out there, he just only occasionally made an impact. He turned into more of a bend don't break player. It was like a light gone out.

On the other side of the coin, I saw him get his degree last December (along with Limas Sweed). I don't think many football players with his prospects graduate early.

Now only women and football fans think they can change a man, but someone will think they can turn that light back on and get a great defensive tackle. I my experience that's a long shot. They're more likely to get a serviceable football player with ideas of what he's going to do after football.

correct me if I am wrong wasn't okam the one who had a bunch of red flags on his personality For some reason I cant remember if it was him or some other defensive player from texas

It was Okam. Overweight Sluggish not sure if football is in his future because he just took an entrance exam into law school.

Okam was highly rated coming into this season but he has dropped on most draft boards.
I like him as a poor man's Sedrick Ellis, but I don't know if he merits a first day pick.

Okam clerked at a small law firm in Austin where I used to work - no charachter issues. He excels in the classroom. I have never heard anything negative about him off the field.

Last year he underwhelmed at UTexas, as everyone had very high expectations for him. Maybe he was double-teamed or whatever, but his production was not what everyone expected.

Okam might be a good 2nd day pick for the Saints.

I Say No More Drafting Defensive Backs With The Last Name Molden!!! Hope He Is Not Related To Alex Molden!!!!

:plus-un2:

Just the thought of ANYONE on the field with a Saints jersey reading "A. Molden" makes me gag.... :no:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom