Frank Sinatra’s Final Ever Car Goes Up For Auction (1 Viewer)

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Who'd've thunk it...a K car. Looks like The Chairman was more down to earth than previously thought. SMH

What an ugly car. I would've thought he'd be more of a Lincoln type of guy. Continental or Town Car. Then again, he would've been 70 years old in '85 and had laid more pipe than Wabasha plumbing, so he was probably like screw it, I'm good with a station wagon.

What an ugly car. I would've thought he'd be more of a Lincoln type of guy. Continental or Town Car. Then again, he would've been 70 years old in '85 and had laid more pipe than Wabasha plumbing, so he was probably like screw it, I'm good with a station wagon.

Yep, i was thinking that by that point, he’d have been driving a classic Caddy, or something similar.. but there’s no accounting for taste.. i remember that, even with all his money, Johnny Carson for years drove a (relatively low-key) Corvette, then towards the end of his life favored a Ford Explorer.. then again, some people just dont give two ***** about what car they drive, which is cool too.

Yep, i was thinking that by that point, he’d have been driving a classic Caddy, or something similar.. but there’s no accounting for taste.. i remember that, even with all his money, Johnny Carson for years drove a (relatively low-key) Corvette, then towards the end of his life favored a Ford Explorer.. then again, some people just dont give two ***** about what car they drive, which is cool too.

I live a few miles from the Walmart headquarters and work for a company with ties to Walmart. Sam Walton (founder of Walmart) drove a pickup truck his entire life, and his son Jim, who was on the Walmart board and now is chairman of a regional bank, lives a very modest lifestyle. My car is probably nicer than any car either of those guys have ever personally owned. Hell, Jim used to ride a bicycle to work and would put rubber bands around his ankles to keep his pants from getting caught in the gears. I guess once you have REAL money, it becomes less important. Most of us will unfortunately never have that luxury.

Most of the more well off people I have known spend less on autos, clothing, jewelry and such that what I would expect. Of course as Jerry Jones said when people gave him a bad time about his flip phone “the reason I have things like this stadium is because of this flip phone”. Basically just being extremely smart with their money.

That was near the low point of American automobile design and manufacturing.

No wonder the Asians and Europeans were able to take such a big share.

There was NO style in the '80s.

Maybe that car was his form of disguise. With tinted windows.. He would troll around all week in that thing and nobody would ever suspect it was him. Didn't wanna get mobbed by the peeps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom