Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
After Punky Brewster Frasier is up next as the next old show revival
================================================

Dr. Frasier Crane is coming back.

Kelsey Grammer will officially reprise his beloved character for a revival of Frasier, which will debut exclusively on Paramount+, the streaming service announced Wednesday.

Grammer will executive producer alongside Chris Harris (How I Met Your Mother), Joe Cristalli (Life in Pieces), Tom Russo and Jordan McMahon.

At the moment, Grammer is the only original cast member attached to the revival. Co-stars like David Hyde Pierce, Jane Leeves and Peri Gilpin have not yet signed on.

“Having spent over 20 years of my creative life on the Paramount lot, both producing shows and performing in several, I’d like to congratulate Paramount+ on its entry into the streaming world,” said Grammer in a statement. “I gleefully anticipate sharing the next chapter in the continuing journey of Dr. Frasier Crane.”...................

'Frasier' Revival a Go at Paramount Plus, Kelsey Grammer Confirms Return (msn.com)

yeah I’m not sure how well the show works without him, the show had a good cast but he seemed to be the best one and kind of held the whole thing together
Pretty sure Eddie's probably dead, too.

Pretty sure Eddie's probably dead, too.

Moose (Eddie)
A retrospective on the cast of Frasier would feel incomplete with mentioning Moose. The Jack Russell Terrier played Martin Crane’s dog, Eddie, and was famously mentioned in Kelsey Grammer’s acceptance speech at the 1994 Emmys despite the actor’s genuine dislike of the furry “diva” behind the scenes.
Moose was otherwise known from the title role of the family film My Dog Skip, which he also appeared in with his own son, Enzo, as the same character in 2000. That same year, Enzo who was actually cast as Eddie on Frasier when his father passed at the age of 16.

Moose (Eddie)
A retrospective on the cast of Frasier would feel incomplete with mentioning Moose. The Jack Russell Terrier played Martin Crane’s dog, Eddie, and was famously mentioned in Kelsey Grammer’s acceptance speech at the 1994 Emmys despite the actor’s genuine dislike of the furry “diva” behind the scenes.
Moose was otherwise known from the title role of the family film My Dog Skip, which he also appeared in with his own son, Enzo, as the same character in 2000. That same year, Enzo who was actually cast as Eddie on Frasier when his father passed at the age of 16.
Oddly enough, I once had a Jack Russell named Moose, too; but before Frasier was on the air so he wasn't named for him. Looking back, I'm not sure where the name Moose came from. We're all gonna be missing the dog ... unless they pull a Lassie and just cast a new dog and try and make us believe it's still Eddie.

Now I will have to break out one of my portable hard drives that has the entire original series on it and binge it. The original show was likely my favorite sitcom of the 90's. Pierce and Mahoney were the best actors on it. I know that Mahoney passed away 2 years ago and I hope they can get at least Pierce and Eaves back to continue that story line with those two.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom