Fraud at Jiffy Lube (1 Viewer)

HennessyRob

NOLA Raised
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wiCAJ8ULnaI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wiCAJ8ULnaI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

My mom brought her car to Tire Kingdom and dropped if off one morning and went back to work. She went to pick it up after lunch and they had her car on the rack and both doors were open and the music on max. She through a fit because they were blaring the music and the cars oil was not changed yet. The manager said they would get on it and have it ready in a few min. After they were done, she checked the oil and it looked dark to her. She called over a young man that worked for Tire Kinddom and asked if he honestly thought it was changed. He said "mam I dont think it was". She went back inside and they swore that it was changed. She demanded they check and see if the filter was changed and sure enough it wasnt and they tried to rip her off. Ever since then if I bring my car to get the oil changed I watch them do it to make sure I am not getting ripped off like she did. I bet this happens all the time.

My mom brought her car to Tire Kingdom and dropped if off one morning and went back to work. She went to pick it up after lunch and they had her car on the rack and both doors were open and the music on max. She through a fit because they were blaring the music and the cars oil was not changed yet. The manager said they would get on it and have it ready in a few min. After they were done, she checked the oil and it looked dark to her. She called over a young man that worked for Tire Kinddom and asked if he honestly thought it was changed. He said "mam I dont think it was". She went back inside and they swore that it was changed. She demanded they check and see if the filter was changed and sure enough it wasnt and they tried to rip her off. Ever since then if I bring my car to get the oil changed I watch them do it to make sure I am not getting ripped off like she did. I bet this happens all the time.

Or one could be willing to pay for top-notch service instead of going to someplace only because it's cheap.

Or one could be willing to pay for top-notch service instead of going to someplace only because it's cheap.

convenience.

Its an oil change. Top notch service should not be necessary. So, because its a chain tire and oil place its okay to be fine with poor business practices?

It also helps, and fortunately your mom was one of these people, to have a general idea of basic things to do with a car. I think everybody should change their own oil and filters at least once to know what's involved. It's an inconvinience to do it yourself, but it is NOT hard.

This is news? seriously people, sure its convenient to not have to change your own oil, and other regular maintenance items, but it always opens you up for this kinda stuff.

and it happens more often then you think it does. Not just in service, but also in new and used car sales.

Its the American way. "Its only cheating if you get caught"

My brother in law went to walmart to get his oil changed (back when they first started this). They drained his oil and removed the oil filter. Thinking they were done, they closed the hood and and got in the car to return it to the parking spot. It started and then stopped. (as you can imagine). Long story short, Walmart had to pay to replace the engine.

It can happen anywhere. Not just China-Mart and Jiffy Lube.

back in the 90s I had a Nissan mini truck. I took it to the dealer to get my free oil change form buying it. I took it home when they were done, only to find that I had no oil in it when I reached the driveway. The oil light wa son. I get out, and see a trail of oil down the street. I open the hood, and check out the filter. the filter was tight, but I noticed that the outside edge of the filter was smaller then the mating surface on the block. I called one of the guys at my shop and he ran the numbers on the filter in a catalogue, sure enough, the goober at the Nissan dealer slapped a V6 filter on my 4 cylinder engine.

i used to work at jiffy lube.....that's all i am saying

what happened after that?

Whoops, sorry

I called them up and ripped'em over the phone, they came and towed my truck back to the dealer, and did th ejob right. No charge. I had to go pick it up again, which I wasnt happy about, but they wouldn't budge on it.

good thing there wasn't any engine damage. (did they offer another free oil change?)

I went to a Jiffy Lube and the guy tried to tell me I needed my rear differential fluid replaced. I told him that he must've had me mistaken with another customer. He said, nope, it's your car that needs it replaced. I told him that they were changing the oil on my Corolla. He said yep and the fluid needed to be replaced. I asked him to show me the rear differential gear box. He got this look of shock on his face. I told him that I was gonna watch him complete the oil change like a hawk, never go back and complain. Be careful out there.

You should have let him do it, but asked for an itemized receipt, then called him on it, with the receipt in hand for blackmail purposes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom