Fred Jackson: Heartbeat of the Bills' offense (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Heartbeat of the offense

By Tyler Dunne
BFR Publisher
Posted Sep 22, 2009

After a pair of knockout performances, it's clear. The Bills' offense runs through running back Fred Jackson. BFR's Tyler Dunne says that when Marshawn Lynch is cleared to play in Week Four, Jackson should remain the No. 1 back. With each punishing run and each crafty snag out of the backfield, he has taken full advantage of this opportunity...

This was a statement game. For the Buffalo Bills, sure. For Fred Jackson, without question.

The Bills uncovered a modern marvel in Jackson. So many teams hunt — usually without luck — for diamonds in the rough. In Canada, in Europe, in jail (cough, Vick, cough), wherever talent may be hidden. And for most of this decade, Buffalo’s search has been fruitless.

Until now. In Jackson, the silky smooth yet punishing finisher from tiny Coe College, the Bills found their identity. It took two years and a bonehead suspension from Marshawn Lynch. But after Sunday’s commanding 33-20 win over Tampa Bay, it’s obvious.

Suspension or no suspension, Fred Jackson is the No. 1 back.
More...
http://buf.scout.com/2/901615.html?refid=400

* I think Jauron knows the only way to beat us is to limit our offensive series and keep our O off the field as much as possible. Jackson looks like the real deal, and we'll have our hands full. I'm confident our run D will slow him down.

They have an excellent running game and Sedric Ellis and our defensive front need to step up.

Yep he's good.

It won't be enough though.

Fred Jackson is a beast and that D did get some pressure on Brady so i wouldn't underestimate them, but i don't think they will be able to pull out the win. Jackson should have a decent day though. He is for real.

we have a really good rush D so i'm not that worried. in buffalo i think the offensive line is the big factor in the rush. any rb in the nfl could get yards behind that line. unless they play a team with a shutdown run defense like we've had so far.

Yea, Fred Jackson was undrafted outta Coe College...he played in some funky indoor league a level below the Arena League. Talk about a diamond in the rough...

And he was the MVP of the NFL Europe one year...

Last edited:
He is the most underrated offensive player in the NFL right now. Trent and Fred will give the Saints fits on Sunday.

I think we need to get to Trent Edwards. Will Smith and Grant need to bring it. Just don't hear there names no more.

Grant and Smith stand up and be leaders...:1zhelp:

I think we need to get to Trent Edwards. Will Smith and Grant need to bring it. Just don't hear there names no more.

I guess I'll just post this in every thread...

Grant is no longer playing on passing downs. McCray was in there for the majority of 2nd/3rd and longs.

in buffalo i think the offensive line is the big factor in the rush. any rb in the nfl could get yards behind that line.

Which is really funny considering who we have playing on our o-line. But you are absolutely right. The youngsters have been for real so far.

I watched the Directv Short Cut of the Bills-Bucs game yesterday, and, yes, Jackson was impressive, he really stood out..now this was a career high for him, 163 yds rushing I think, and whatever receiving he had..T.O. and Evans are a nice 1-2 receiving duo, but watching the game, I came away with the feeling if we can shut down Jackson we'll be OK..make them one dimensional..sounds cliche, but it could work..let's not forget about the Gregg Williams revenge factor..he WAS fired as head coach in Buffalo--you know he won't talk about it, but Sharper and the vets on D will want to play hard for him..of course you don't want to rely on revenge, but it is a nice side angle to the game.I will continue to look for turnovers and big plays from this defense to compliment our offense. Go Saints. Prediction: Saints: 41, Bills: 16

From what I see, Fred would have to significant in their productivity. Neutralize him, and Trent would have to carry the offense, which he has shown reservation for. Edwards is not the "put it all on me" type of QB. His stats reflect well when the rest of the backfield is paving the way. I know that can be said of any team but it is especially true here.

Tampa Bay's defense is NOT the Bucs defense that we're used to seeing... I wouldn't put much into this past game.

HOWEVER... I love Jackson's game... I think he's a better back that Lynch (my opinion), so we'll yes stopping their run game (and every other opponent's) will be paramount.

I just don't see the Bills holding the ball for 45 minutes like the Dolphins did... that's the only way to stop our offense (keep them off the field).

We'll see though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom