Fred Jackson (1 Viewer)

leeman

Reaction score
RB Fred Jackson for Buffalo is off to suprising start.. What a hard runner this guy is.. I think the key to beating these guys next week will be stopping the running game... This will be a tough challenge....

We have been generally good against the run, last year also. I am more worried about the passing game with TO.

We are fine in the run D department. Eliminating the Wildcat, the Eagles had very little success running the ball. I don't think the Bills have a Wildcat formation

Fred Jackson has been a good RB for a couple of years now. He just got over shadowed by Lynch. As we can relate to, people do not talk about the Bills as much as they should because of market size, but Jackson is a stud. He reminds me of a young, healthy Fred Taylor.

You have to keep contain on this guy. He loves taking it to the outside and hitting the corner. He is quite fast. This game worries me a little. I can see the Saints taking this team too lightly. I think it is going to be a surprisingly tough game to win. The Bills are better then advertised.

So far we've held 1000 yard rusher Kevin Smith and Westbrook in check.

I think we'll be ok.

So far we've held 1000 yard rusher Kevin Smith and Westbrook in check.

I think we'll be ok.

The Bills are much better than people think.

Please keep in mind why the above statement is so stupid:

Back to back weeks we faced QBs who are starting their first NFL game. We stacked the line and dared them to beat us with the pass. It didn't work the first series of the game, we made adjustments and got pressure on them.

We will NOT have the same success against Trent Edwards and Fred Jackson. Throw up the red alert, this game will not be easy.

buffalo played new england very tough. .. they have a very good defense and run the ball well.. I'm not worried about T.O. I think payton will have this team prepared.. Now my dilemma is that I have fred jackson on my FF team.. but also have brees, colston, shockey, bush and moore.... he,he...

Back to back weeks we faced QBs who are starting their first NFL game. We stacked the line and dared them to beat us with the pass. It didn't work the first series of the game, we made adjustments and got pressure on them.

We will NOT have the same success against Trent Edwards and Fred Jackson. Throw up the red alert, this game will not be easy.

Yeah, I've heard this same stuff the past 2 weeks.

We were not stacking the line in either of these past games. We rushed 3 a ton of times, 4 alone most of the time, and dropped everyone else back into coverage. We rarely run blitzed and we played 2 deep Safeties most of the game.

Fred Jackson >>>> Lynch

I've been saying this for quite some time. In fact, I first saw Fred Jackson in the preseason against the Saints a few seasons ago and he destroyed us in the second half.
http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105218&highlight=fred+jackson

Buffalo is a very good team and one that I think could make its way to the top of the AFC this season. They have loads of talent all over the field. I think they lack the depth that the Saints have but on defense they have some young studs in the secondary and have a very underrated LB core.

In the end though, we have one thing they dont.
Drew Brees
/thread

I agree about Jackson being better then Lynch.

I've thought Lynch was well overrated since his first year. Not that he isn't ok, but Jackson is simply better and more versitale.

Trent Edwards isn't a great QB either. So, when we demolish the Bills people will still say we haven't beaten a real powerhouse. I'm sick of these lame excuses for our success. We're destroying teams right now. Accept it. Enjoy it. Runs like this don't happen very often.

Trent Edwards isn't a great QB either. So, when we demolish the Bills people will still say we haven't beaten a real powerhouse. I'm sick of these lame excuses for our success. We're destroying teams right now. Accept it. Enjoy it. Runs like this don't happen very often.

Put up 40+ against the Bills and I will be impressed.

The last 2 QBs we faced were debuting in the NFL.....how did Brees do his first game in the NFL?

His first 27 games in the NFL he averaged a 70 passing rating. TWO YEARS worth of games before figuring it out.

I don't think the statement is stupid at all. I do agree that the Bills will be a lot tougher than most people expect & I thing Jackson will have a better outing than Smith or Westbrook. But I do have confidence that our run D will ultimately hold out.

Careful. He is better than you think....and TO has nothing to do with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom