Fred Thomas all over Sunday Morning Newspaper (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I was reading the times picayune and i saw that the headliner in the sports section had a picture of Fred Thomas... i also saw that they had an entire page with a carton character of him talking about interceptions...

Boy did he get set up or what?

On two of the plays when he got burnt it looked like he just gave up... i know that craft got burnt last week too but at least he played until the end of the play

Why did we not have Mckenzie on CHAD JOHNSON? it was obvious that Fred could not cover him at all... and he was not getting any help over the top from bullocks

Fred"TOAST"Thomas

something needs to be done?

Nothing we can do. I'd say we might as well let craft and him fight it out for the number 2 spot. Neither is better then the other.

This is a problem that will be with us until we get someone in FA this offseason.

On one TD someone asked me who was covering him (CJ) and I said no one! Fred Thomas was supposed to though!

On one TD someone asked me who was covering him (CJ) and I said no one! Fred Thomas was supposed to though!

:_rofl: You aint lyin he got beat for like 200 yds and 3 Tds... can they pay me millions to guard CJ... because i can stop him like that

The reason Fred Thomas was covering (or NOT covering) CJ all day is because Thomas normally plays the RCB position while McKenzie is our LCB. The Bengals lined up CJ at left flanker pretty much all day, meaning he would be covered by Thomas. To me, after the first time Thomas got burnt, Gibbs should've adjusted and locked up McKenzie on CJ the rest of the game no matter where he lined up. Unfortunately, that adjustment wasn't made and Thomas gave up two more.

The reason Fred Thomas was covering (or NOT covering) CJ all day is because Thomas normally plays the RCB position while McKenzie is our LCB. The Bengals lined up CJ at left flanker pretty much all day, meaning he would be covered by Thomas. To me, after the first time Thomas got burnt, Gibbs should've adjusted and locked up McKenzie on CJ the rest of the game no matter where he lined up. Unfortunately, that adjustment wasn't made and Thomas gave up two more.

I'm curious to know if our schemes allow for that. If they do I sure hope we break it out soon. We have some big WR's to cover over the next 6 weeks.

LCB...RCB...there both CBs i dont think that it matters... their are in the NFL and should be able to play both right or left...our #1 CB should be on their #1 Receiver... i blame that on bad coaching... that is like saying their is a difference between playing receiver on the and the left... their are both receivers... it is not like your job changes because you move form the left side of the field to the right side of the field

LCB...RCB...there both CBs i dont think that it matters... their are in the NFL and should be able to play both right or left...our #1 CB should be on their #1 Receiver... i blame that on bad coaching... that is like saying their is a difference between playing receiver on the and the left... their are both receivers... it is not like your job changes because you move form the left side of the field to the right side of the field

Umm their is a big difference in playing reciever on the left and right. Why do you think Devery started today in place of Colston but Copper started in place of Horn. Their are certain packages that switch them but for the most part recievers play the X and Y positions and stay there on that side of the field.

Its the same for CB's...everyone in the league does it. Does that make everyone a bad coach? No. Theres a reason they do it. Do I know exactly why? No.

I was reading the times picayune and i saw that the headliner in the sports section had a picture of Fred Thomas... i also saw that they had an entire page with a carton character of him talking about interceptions...

Boy did he get set up or what?

On two of the plays when he got burnt it looked like he just gave up... i know that craft got burnt last week too but at least he played until the end of the play

Why did we not have Mckenzie on CHAD JOHNSON? it was obvious that Fred could not cover him at all... and he was not getting any help over the top from bullocks

Fred"TOAST"Thomas

something needs to be done?

Chad Johnson was constantly coming to line up against Fred Thomas. Everyone laughed when I mentioned instead of Thomas sewn on the back of his jersey He should have Toast sewn on instead.

Umm their is a big difference in playing reciever on the left and right. Why do you think Devery started today in place of Colston but Copper started in place of Horn. Their are certain packages that switch them but for the most part recievers play the X and Y positions and stay there on that side of the field.

Its the same for CB's...everyone in the league does it. Does that make everyone a bad coach? No. Theres a reason they do it. Do I know exactly why? No.

I agree. Our corners aren't nearly smart enough to learn both sides of the field. I think you guys are thinking MM and Fred Thomas can remember the play book as good as some of the elite smart corners like PacMan Jones and Deangelo Hall.

The receivers are different because of they do different stuff on each play depending if they are x And y... like running different routes... but we could have told Mckenzie to guard CJ in man-to-man all day... and that assingment does not change no matter what side of the field you line up on

Chad has been playing on that side for a long time. Steve Smith also plays on that side.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom