Fred Thomas gets burnt again (1 Viewer)

truck man

not so ******
Reaction score
Fred Thomas is really getting abused this year. we need to try something else, maybe Craft or Scott, but we are playing some pretty good WR down the stretch and can't afford Freddie to keep giving up big plays.

he had some trouble with galloway but I'm not sure he was in man on that play

Too bad that's the only thing that sticks out to you about Fred's play. He's been playing very well all year. He was 1 on 1 and misjudged that play. So, Fred can have a great game and some people will call him out for one play...crazy!

edit: Fred had a forced fumble today by the way.

Last edited:
Fred Thomas is really getting abused this year. we need to try something else, maybe Craft or Scott, but we are playing some pretty good WR down the stretch and can't afford Freddie to keep giving up big plays.

Craft or Scott? are you serious? We don't call him Jason "Toast" Craft for nothing.

Thomas is doing fine. Galloway is one of the fastest recievers in the league, he's going to get open several times again. The key in containing a guy like that is hold coverage long enough for the pressure to reach the qb.

Your never going have a guy like galloway completely covered every second of a game.

I think Fred Thomas has been playing okay. I am more concerned with Josh Bullocks over the top. He hasn't looked very good in coverage in my opinion. He should have been in the mix on at least one of those Galloway TDs.

I think Fred Thomas has been playing okay. I am more concerned with Josh Bullocks over the top. He hasn't looked very good in coverage in my opinion. He should have been in the mix on at least one of those Galloway TDs.

Stoutmire was at fault the first Galloway TD, he was late to provide help. The second TD Galloway was double covered with Fajita it was just a great throw and catch.

I don't think anyone can take Galloway one on one he is fast

Last edited:
That was Stoutmire's fault. Freddy let him get ahead and Stoutmire was suppose to come over on top. But we won... its not like we are suppose to shut a team out every game. sheesh.

he does not have speed he is 34 give the guya break. I promiss the Saftey should have helped over the top. Fujita got beaten by Galloway too he is just a good WR.

Are you kidding? Dick "Night Train" Lane couldnt shut Galloway down for an entire game. I think Fred's been solid this year. I'd like to see him get a little cockier, and play the ball to intercept.

Have you noticed we have almost no interceptions? Imagine how good this team would be if it produced turnovers.

Every cornerback in this league will get burnt multiple times this season. It goes with the position.

Fred is slow and will give up the big play from time to time to speedy reasons if they catch a one on one against him. But you DO NOT want Craft or Scott over there...heck no...

If it was that much of a weakness, they would have came coming with it and scored more than 14. Obviously it was fixed at halftime cause Galloway never saw the ball again after that...

Freddie gets picked on every game....ya'll continue to give this guy a pass. why is that? his play will come back to haunt us. with Hines Ward, Chad Johnson and Housz, T.O. and Glenn, Buress and Toomer and Smith and Johnson, left on our schedule, i forsee lots of getting picked on. kinda like what Peyton did to Darrant Williams of the Broncos last week.

there's no reason to bash thomas, sure he got burnt, but galloway looks like jesus in cleats every time we play them.

thomas has been solid every year he's been here, and honestly, that's the first play i remember him getting toasted on this year.

Freddie gets picked on every game....ya'll continue to give this guy a pass. why is that? his play will come back to haunt us. with Hines Ward, Chad Johnson and Housz, T.O. and Glenn, Buress and Toomer and Smith and Johnson, left on our schedule, i forsee lots of getting picked on. kinda like what Peyton did to Darrant Williams of the Broncos last week.

Colston burned Chris McCallister a couple of times last week. I imagine the Ravens are calling for his head.

As you've pointed out, it's a miracle we've won a single game so far, given how horrible Thomas has played. Also, McKenzie has been horrible this year, and Stoutmire also stinks, and Bullocks has been playing like a rookie--out of position repeatedly. Couple that with the horrible play of Simoneau, and you have yet another swiss cheese defense. I'm tired of Haslett.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom