Fred Thomas gets burnt again (1 Viewer)

Our CBs rarely get burnt. I don't see why people continue to think that. What they do is let the WR catch the ball in front of them, THEN make the tackle. That's why we allow quite a few first downs, but not a ton of 60-yard TDs. They don't bump WRs at the line very much because they are playing 5-10 yards off the WR. The one thing our CBs do well is keep plays in front of them. They may not make a ton of stops as far as first downs go, but they don't give up huge plays ad nauseum.

Too bad that's the only thing that sticks out to you about Fred's play. He's been playing very well all year. He was 1 on 1 and misjudged that play. So, Fred can have a great game and some people will call him out for one play...crazy!

edit: Fred had a forced fumble today by the way.

You and I are watching different games. Fred is the weak link in our pass defense. When other teams want to exploit the Saints they throw to his side. Worst of all it usually works out for them. Craft has proven to be worse than Thomas.

You and I are watching different games. Fred is the weak link in our pass defense. When other teams want to exploit the Saints they throw to his side. Worst of all it usually works out for them. Craft has proven to be worse than Thomas.

When there are only 2 choice - left corner or right corner - one side is going to get more balls thrown their way. That doesn't automatically mean that side sucks. Teams are throwing away from McKenzie right now. Fred Thomas is still a fundamentally sound CB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom