Fred Thomas is almost 100% sure to be gone... (1 Viewer)

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score
from all accounts, and based on his play (or lack thereof) this past season.

Here's my question... With Fred T. gone (and assuming Deuce stays) would Deuce change his number to 22? ...or has that ship sailed. I know his foundation is still the Catch 22 Foundation.

Also, I think Meach should change his number back to 85. 17 didn't do much for him... Fresh start Meach!

from all accounts, and based on his play (or lack thereof) this past season.

Here's my question... With Fred T. gone (and assuming Deuce stays) would Deuce change his number to 22? ...or has that ship sailed. I know his foundation is still the Catch 22 Foundation.

Also, I think Meach should change his number back to 85. 17 didn't do much for him... Fresh start Meach!

IMO, I don't care if David is younger, but I'd rather have Toasty back than having Inferno back there.

You can't just change your number in the NFL. Mostly because of the fact that there are 1000's of Deuce jersey's with his number "26" already on the shelves. In order to change a number, a player is required to pay more that 100,000+ something dollars.

Jerry Porter (OAK) tried to do it at the beginning of this season. He made a big deal about it on SIRIUS after Randy Moss was traded. But after a week later, there was an article released that he decided not to because of the excessive amount of money that it would have cost him to do that.

It IS a possibility, but I've known Deuce to argue over a few cents (I used to work at a dry cleaners in Destrehan that he used to bring his stuff to), so I highly doubt he'd be willing to fork up that much money.

I kinda hope he'd change it, but both numbers are actually pretty smooth-looking so it doesn't matter either way. I've always held out of getting an authentic Deuce jersey for this reason, but if FT is gone and he keeps 26 I'll probably order it that same day.

How and why he drew a check this past season is amazing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom