Fred Thomas -- Status For Cincy Game? (1 Viewer)

Bonchie the difference between Fred Thomas giving up a pass and a pass....

Didn't I point out that just because a pass is on his side of the field that doesn't mean its his fault?

Didn't I say Fred is a good corner. My post was in noway even really talking about Fred needing to start or not. It was in responce to someone thinking MM should be the new nickel after we get another number 1 in FA. I'm just pointing out there is a misconception that MM gets "burnt". Its plain false and he proves it by shutting down his side of the field every week. He is the best CB we have. Fred in his prime was better. Now MM is better. Not by a ton, but he is better.

Didn't I point out that just because a pass is on his side of the field that doesn't mean its his fault?

Didn't I say Fred is a good corner. My post was in noway even really talking about Fred needing to start or not. It was in responce to someone thinking MM should be the new nickel after we get another number 1 in FA. I'm just pointing out there is a misconception that MM gets "burnt". Its plain false and he proves it by shutting down his side of the field every week. He is the best CB we have. Fred in his prime was better. Now MM is better. Not by a ton, but he is better.

Yes and I was agreeing with you. I was also responding too you saying that other posters said it was 10 passes he gave up and they are wrong and elaborating why so many passes go to Fred Thomas' side of the field. I also agree that MM is a better corner than FT and also agree he isn't much better but he is better. Both of them are leagues better than anyone else on our team and I will even go as far to saying they are both better than the league average.

Yes and I was agreeing with you. I was also responding too you saying that other posters said it was 10 passes he gave up and they are wrong and elaborating why so many passes go to Fred Thomas' side of the field. I also agree that MM is a better corner than FT and also agree he isn't much better but he is better. Both of them are leagues better than anyone else on our team and I will even go as far to saying they are both better than the league average.

Believe me. I'm praying that Thomas is in the game this week. I don't have any asperations of replacing him or cutting him. I just want to bring in a new number 1 corner. In the heirarchy of things that would shuffle Fred to the Nickel. All i'm saying. Some people seem to think i'm bashign him just by saying he will be the new nickel if we bring someone in.

I agree. I really hope we can bring Clements in this year. IMO, he is a top 3 corner in this league and he is in his prime. Those don't come around often. However, I think it is going to take a bank breaking type deal to get him. I think if we signed him and draft Patrick Willis then our defense would be twice as good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom