Fred Thomas -- Status For Cincy Game? (1 Viewer)

DATMAN

Veteran
Reaction score
Will Fred Thomas be back for the Cincy game? IMO, if he plays on yesterday (even with the turnovers) we probably win. Consider:

1) Craft appears to have blown assignments on 1 --- possibly 2 TD throws. I believe Fred makes 1 or both of those plays.
2) Thomas probably would have made a play on Parker at least on one of the long runs.

And on an unrelated note, why isn't Bellamy playing? At least the guy is pretty stout in run support.

I don't know what his status is but I realized one thing after yesterday- |Fred Thomas is better than alot of people give him credit for. He is in my opinion the key for our secondary. Freddie plays with heart,thats why he gets hurt.He puts out everything on the table every play.

our secondary {mod edit - violation of Posting Guidelines - find a better way of expressing yourself}, with that being said thomas is an upgrade over craft....but thats not saying much

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Fred Thomas had Mike McKenzie's ability. It seems like Thomas knows where he has to be but he's just a step to slow.

If he doesn't play this week go ahead and put a loss in the column because we aren't going to be able to stop the Bengals with Craft playing #2 corner.

Agreed, we need Thomas back for the Cinci game.

If he doesn't play this week go ahead and put a loss in the column because we aren't going to be able to stop the Bengals with Craft playing #2 corner.

But Craft starting in place of Thomas doesn't give the Bengals' defense any greater of a chance of stopping the Saints' offense.

We need new corners

I watched the game again and Fred Thomas got burnt on 2 pass for TDs
1. TD pass to hines ward, he got burnt
2. pass after bush's fumble, blown coverage he missed his assignment

Fred is not much better, but i think he gives us a better chance

look for a shootout next week vs Cincy, like the one they had vs the Chargers

I've been lurking on this board since 2002 and you hear the same argument every year about Fred Thomas but when he gets hurt and a back up stinks up the game everyone is begging for his return. Fred Thomas is a decent corner. He has never been the tallest, strangest, or fastest CB on the field but he makes good intelligent plays. Usually when he gets beat it is because of a height or speed issue...not smarts. After the Carolina win this evening I think this is a must win game for the Saints just like it is a must win for Cinci. We need our best players on the field for this game and one of our best players is Fred Thomas.

We need new corners

I watched the game again and Fred Thomas got burnt on 2 pass for TDs
1. TD pass to hines ward, he got burnt
2. pass after bush's fumble, blown coverage he missed his assignment

Fred is not much better, but i think he gives us a better chance

look for a shootout next week vs Cincy, like the one they had vs the Chargers

Do you mean craft? Fred didn't play....

Look, we all know Craft did bad Sunday, and looked worse.
However, Bullocks has got to stop biting and leaving his corners out to dry.
He's better than that, and hopefully he'll get more patient with time.
If he doesn't, it doesn't matter who we have at cornerback, because the reciever will see the bite and gun past the backpedaling corner.

What was Jason Craft covering on Cedric Wilson's TD?! The guy is just awful and got abused in Meadowlands last year by Plaxico Burress. I pray we get Fred Thomas back and healthy and address CB in free agency/the draft

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom