Fred Thomas (1 Viewer)

Jason Craft is next on the depth chart

I saw DeLoatch getting a lot of snaps on ST, but I know zero about Groce.
What's the word on these 2 guys? Can they play, or are they strictly ST bodies.

i think deloatch was a #2 corner for the giants last year...so he has starting experience at least.

I saw DeLoatch getting a lot of snaps on ST, but I know zero about Groce.
What's the word on these 2 guys? Can they play, or are they strictly ST bodies.

As stated Deloatch started for N.Y. last year and did a decent job (56 tackles, 1 INT, 11 pass deflections). Great size (6'2, 217lbs), has filled in well in the past should be able to do it again.

Groce started for St. Louis last year and again had decent numbers (48 tackles, 2 INT's and 9 pass deflections). Decent size (5'10 190lbs) and has started a lot of games over prior two years.

Groce is a guy I think could come in and start. Both he and Deloatch had a late start, however 8 weeks in they should have a good grasp of the defense. Both are young (Groce 26 and Deloatch 25) and have good upside.

It does not matter who starts at corner both craft and thomas are both pretty bad, thomas has been getting shredded all season

It does not matter who starts at corner both craft and thomas are both pretty bad, thomas has been getting shredded all season

um, we apparently haven't watched the same games.

thomas has been beaten, i agree with that...
but the ones that put the beat down on craft are 3rd and 4th recievers.

thomas and mckenzie don't switch sides vs which reciever lines up that way so he see's a lot of their #1 as well.

So why isn't Thomas starting? Is this thread speculation?

Thomas is bad, but the guys we got behind him are a helluva lot worser. I'll take Thomas starting any day than have those guys in his place.

IMHO, this is the steepest drop-off in ability from our starter to our back up that we face on our entire squad. We can expect a whole lot of runs to set up the deep stuff - big game for Gibbs in picking his spots.

IMHO, this is the steepest drop-off in ability from our starter to our back up that we face on our entire squad. We can expect a whole lot of runs to set up the deep stuff - big game for Gibbs in picking his spots.

What?

Our starting CB's are a smidge better than our backups. You think there a bigger drop off from Thomas to Craft than from Brees to Martin or Hollis Thomas to Leisle? Come on.........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom