Fred Thomas (1 Viewer)

um, in a word yes... no clue on deloatch and groce, never seen them.
but from thomas to craft.. yes big drop

um, in a word yes... no clue on deloatch and groce, never seen them.
but from thomas to craft.. yes big drop

Deloatch and Groce have both started in this league and have put up mirror stats to Fred Thomas as another previous poster shows.

Thomas is grossly overrated on this forum!

Am I the only one who gives FT, MM & Craft credit for having the number 5 passing defense in the league?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/stati...ece of work=def&league=nfl&season=2&year=2006

Agreed, none of them are Champ Bailey, but take a look at Denver's passing defense rating for a second . . . OMG IT"S 29th!!!

You've got to give these guys some credit. They are doing an excellent job!

Freddy T is doubtful against the Steelers. He probably will not play. Hopefully someone can step up. We have got to put a lot of pressure on Ben.

I haven't been to keen on the play of the secondary, but what do I know. It seems that they times they get burned stick out much more

Fact is we are 17th in rush defense and 5th in pass defense for ypg. Somebody must be doing something right.

My faith is in the coaching for this year and the draft and free agency for next year and maybe we will have less holes.

I hate late games!

Fact is we are 17th in rush defense and 5th in pass defense for ypg. Somebody must be doing something right.

QUOTE]

We give up 4.5 yards per carry against the rush

Our O keeps our D off the field

These two things have masked our secondary. I'm not saying our secondary is the worst in the league, but it isn't close to the 5th either.

Deloatch and Groce have both started in this league and have put up mirror stats to Fred Thomas as another previous poster shows.

Thomas is grossly overrated on this forum!

Watch some of the Rams games from the past couple of years and come back and tell me what you think of Groce or at least go to a Rams forum and ask them how good he is.

I watched one game a couple years ago when the Seahawks passed for over 400 yards and Groce was the guy that they were picking on all day. He gave up huge play after huge play.

Thomas has given up one deep ball all season and he was set up to fail on that play. Thomas was man up on Galloway on 3rd and 5 and they ran a 5 yard hitch in go against Fred in man coverage on one of, if not the, fastest guy in the NFL.

Thomas gives up a bunch of short passes but rarely does he get beat down the field.

There is a huge drop off between Thomas and Groce. If you don't think there is a big dropoff in talent from Thomas to Craft then go watch last years Giants game and Plexico putting up 100 yards and 2 TD's on Craft before halftime.

Watch some of the Rams games from the past couple of years and come back and tell me what you think of Groce or at least go to a Rams forum and ask them how good he is.

I watched one game a couple years ago when the Seahawks passed for over 400 yards and Groce was the guy that they were picking on all day. He gave up huge play after huge play.

Thomas has given up one deep ball all season and he was set up to fail on that play. Thomas was man up on Galloway on 3rd and 5 and they ran a 5 yard hitch in go against Fred in man coverage on one of, if not the, fastest guy in the NFL.

Thomas gives up a bunch of short passes but rarely does he get beat down the field.

There is a huge drop off between Thomas and Groce. If you don't think there is a big dropoff in talent from Thomas to Craft then go watch last years Giants game and Plexico putting up 100 yards and 2 TD's on Craft before halftime.

Thats Fred's problem. People go over there to him for 8-10 yards and a 1st down at will. Hes got to step up. I'm tired of seeing his guy haul in pass after pass. I know he makes the tackles but what good is it if they get a 1st down everytime.

I'm curious to see how good Deloache is. If he started for the Giants last year (who were pretty good on D) he may just be a decent CB. If he could step in and let Fred take over at nickel (where he excels) we'd be setup for the playoffs about as good as we can be with our roster.

Groce stinks.

pressure busts pipes. We get a good push up front, it doesn't matter who is back there, they will get picks.

pressure busts pipes. We get a good push up front, it doesn't matter who is back there, they will get picks.

Exactly. The Line has to stay consistent. Some games they are amazing and others you never even realize they are there.

Those who don't give Freddie Thomas credit for his play over the past 6 or 7 or however many years he has been with us just haven't been watching closely or, forgive me for the judgmental aspect of this statement; just aren't very knowledgable about what it takes to play CB in this League! I've seen Thomas get beaten over the years but EVERY CB gets beaten and often! He IS a sure tackler, is strong in coverage and makes PLAYS! CB dont' get the name recognitioin credit because when they are playing good coverage, the QB's don't go their way! Therefore, no name credit recongition!

So, is FT hurt or what? You're sending me straight to the injury reports to see what all this fuss is about! With Stoutmire back there and talk of( a not so great CB like ....)Jason Craft we would be somewhat unsettled back there. Stout is , IMHO< a terriffic replacement while Roman heals but Jason will have his work cut out for him if we can't turn Will or Charles loose on Big Ben!
Give up some love for Freddie Ya'll! Even if you have trouble finding a your own reason, Coach Payton believe is FT so that ought to be good enough for you right there!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom