Fred Thompson throws in the towel (1 Viewer)

Mamba

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surpised to see him back as McCain's running mate.

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I doubt he threw it. Probably just lobbed it casually and went back to sleep.

Reaction score
I doubt he threw it. Probably just lobbed it casually and went back to sleep.
:plus-un2:

The media and a few people tried to raise a stir about him, but there was just nothing there. He only got attention because he was a celebrity IMO.

Ron Paul on the other hand is all substance and inspires people and gets little to no (positive) coverage at all. He came in second in Nevada, and it went without a whisper.

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surpised to see him back as McCain's running mate.
No way that'll happen. This race is going to be close and I'm betting there won't be a clear winner come convention time. That makes Romney top pick for VP. It would be a good move for him too since he's young and will have a legit shot in 2012 because if McCain wins it all, I don't see him going for more than just four years.

I'm really disappointed in Thompson. He had a lot of promise but really did a half arsed job of running.

Dave

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
:plus-un2:

The media and a few people tried to raise a stir about him, but there was just nothing there. He only got attention because he was a celebrity IMO.
There was something there and I actually think it is a good thing that greatest dream in life wasn't to be president. Thompson wasn't inspiring enough, but he was the closest candidate to a "true conservative." He had good ideas, but he lacked the rhetorical skills needed to be elected president.

SoonerJim

Super Moderator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Fred will get some well-deserved naps for his stirring run for the Presidency, which started after Labor Day and gave him about three months to achieve parity with the others. I'd have voted for him, but I would have slept in that morning.

ReasonableDoubt

Very Banned
Reaction score
Good News.

Not that he had a chance anyway, but he was the last person I wanted elected into the office after these 8 horrible years of bush.

OP
bclemms

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Good News.

Not that he had a chance anyway, but he was the last person I wanted elected into the office after these 8 horrible years of bush.
Outside of Ron Paul, Thompson's views were farther from Bush's than any other GOP candidate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom