Fred Weary Tazed And Charged For Obstruction. (1 Viewer)

Do you like the show Reno 911?

On topic I agree that the cops looked for a reason to check him out and probably made several predetermined conclusions to justify it.

However most of ya'll are over looking why he got tazed. It was not because he got pulled over, whether that was right or wrong, it was because he is a huge man that got way too aggressive withthe cops. I don't care who you are if you put your hands on a cop in an aggressive manner you go to jail UNLESS you are defending yourself from a unjustified cop beating ala that dude in the quarter awhile back.

Off topic, but I am confused. Does this type of profiling fall under the same umbrella as when you hear domestic violence you think due beating his wife or when there is a profile issued on a serial killer "white male" is always a characteristic? Based on my experience and reading some of ya'lls I would bet that young people get pulled over for bs reason than older people. I also think that black people get pulled over for more bs reasons than white people. The only one that jumps out to me as wrong is the last one. Why is that? Are all of those examples of profiling to some degree?

I am not trying to make some BS point I am really asking. Is profiling based on race different than profiling based on sex, age and experience?

Houston anytime you want to come ride along with me at work your welcome to come. i promise you that you will see more things in that one day youve never dreamed of. youll see more things that are going on around you every day that youve never ever noticed. its amazing how blind we really are till we are put in a position that makes us open our eyes and look. oh by the way ill never have the back of a dirty cop or a bad cop . i hate them they give us a bad name, but a cop doing his job is not a dirty cop. i can understand many people wanting cops to be dirty or bad thats what bad guys want they hate a system that attempt to force them to be lawful citizens. we are not liked by many because we enforce the law. its sad that citizens of this country will so quickly jump to conclusions without knowing the entire truth,and believe police are bad because they stopped this man for traffic violations.
how many times have you found someone staring at you and said to your self man whats this persons problem.. well when you stare at the police we go ok what did this guy just do. oh yeah by the way there is a big difference from looking over at someone and starring a hole through them...
really just someday stop in a parking lot right next to the road and really look at the drivers. youll see its not hard to tell details about them. youll see folks eating combing there hair, reading , not wearing seat-belts, pic there nose, and folks will even look back at you , smile , glare , looks of wonder Ie what the heck why is this guy watching all these cars go by.
most dept. have ride along programs where you can go ride with a cop for a shift. however to get the true feeling of what goes on everyday and to really see the truth go once a weeks for a few weeks. oh dont ride along in your neighborhood you really dont want to know whats going on it will scare the pisssssstols out of you.. i moved out into the county after 3 years on the force it bothered me so bad leaving my wife at home knowing what was going on in the city.

I've already stated several times that I acknowledge that there are good guys and bad guys. I have friends - and a family member - who are in law enforcement, at all levels from village patrol officer to FBI to Homeland Security Counter Terrorism Task Force to DEA to...well...you get the picture. Point is, I understand that not all officers are turds, and moreover I understand the challenges faced by law enforcement personnel on a daily basis, so you don't need to convince me.

What I am yet to be convinced of - in this instance - is that this was not a clear-cut case of profiling, and of law enforcement over-stepping its bounds.

I've noticed you've side-stepped my question repeatedly, so I'll leave it at that.

Thanks for your service.

I've already stated several times that I acknowledge that there are good guys and bad guys. I have friends - and a family member - who are in law enforcement, at all levels from village patrol officer to FBI to Homeland Security Counter Terrorism Task Force to DEA to...well...you get the picture. Point is, I understand that not all officers are turds, and moreover I understand the challenges faced by law enforcement personnel on a daily basis, so you don't need to convince me.

What I am yet to be convinced of - in this instance - is that this was not a clear-cut case of profiling, and of law enforcement over-stepping its bounds.

I've noticed you've side-stepped my question repeatedly, so I'll leave it at that.

Thanks for your service.

houston
no one has presented anything during this conversation that would lead anyone to believe profiling has occurred. there is a lot of assumptions and accusations made but there is no evidence of any such activity. A simple traffic stop for traffic violations is not over stepping the bounds of law enforcement. i truly believe what happened was something along these lines. Mr. weary drives by and for what ever reason he draws the attention of the officers. they said it was because he was starring at them.. i believe at this point they think he is up to something so they take a closer look at him see he does not have a tag on his auto, also he make a moving violation. they make a traffic stop for these offences. when i read this article that's what i see. What bothers me so bad about this is people are so quick to jump and say the officer were racist because he was black or they profiled him. i know one guy that is like that i cant not stand him he does it all the time. he continues to harass people of other races by writing them chicken crap tickets. everyone in the dept. that has ever worked around him has seen him do it but you know no one will say anything. that story is for another thread.

hehe I just reread it. If you are cruising around on south main in Houston, you are definitly up to something. I was only in Houston a week one time and I figured that out!

Or, perhaps, you're simply just leaving the Texans' Training Center?

sitemap1_large.gif

It was 1 in the afternoon, not exactly the time of day your typical troublemaking pro athlete engages in shenanigans.

Here's a great "FanBlog" article written by a Texans' fan - one who happens to be a lawyer: http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans/2006/11/did_fred_weary_get_busted_for.html I think her synopsis is the most even-handed one I've read to date.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom