Fred Weary Tazed And Charged For Obstruction. (1 Viewer)

Okay I was following you until the end. Sure I'll agree it is nice to find a bogus charge to pull somebody over for to check out suspicious behavior. But what irks me is your last sentence, and I have seen it. Why not drop the violations after you have ID'd the guy? This is procedure, that is what so many cops say, once they get your info they are bound determined to write the ticket. It is a procedure they cannot stop, even though by your own admission, the original charges were subjective and only and excuse to pull them over.

If cops would stop writing tickets for bogus charges as this, then you would have less drivers with attitudes when they get pulled over for no reason. JMHO.

God bless cops, but lighten up a bit once you confirm you do not have a suspicious activity going on!

hey i agree with you to here , i do it all the time . i work a huge drug area probably the biggest in the city. just sat i had a white guy stoped in the street in his car. a black guy is walking up to the car. well the look out hollars out as i round the corner.well i have to make a choice the black guy or the white guy. well i know he black guy if he has it it will be just one rock and probably in is mouth so hill swallow it .. the white guy i think hasnt made the buy but he probally has a pipe to smoke the rock. well when i circle h;im up and start to make the stop im stoping him for stoping in the street a ga law we use to get doppers. well i see he is from al. just a few miles away so now i know he does not live here. well stop him run his info. and he comes back clean. he is up front tells me he was looking to make a buy but didnt. i search the car find nothing and off he goes. didnt even get a tick. but i bet he doesnt come back to that hood for awhile.. now if he had smarted off id wrote him till god got tired.

hey i agree with you to here , i do it all the time . i work a huge drug area probably the biggest in the city. just sat i had a white guy stoped in the street in his car. a black guy is walking up to the car. well the look out hollars out as i round the corner.well i have to make a choice the black guy or the white guy. well i know he black guy if he has it it will be just one rock and probably in is mouth so hill swallow it .. the white guy i think hasnt made the buy but he probally has a pipe to smoke the rock. well when i circle h;im up and start to make the stop im stoping him for stoping in the street a ga law we use to get doppers. well i see he is from al. just a few miles away so now i know he does not live here. well stop him run his info. and he comes back clean. he is up front tells me he was looking to make a buy but didnt. i search the car find nothing and off he goes. didnt even get a tick. but i bet he doesnt come back to that hood for awhile.. now if he had smarted off id wrote him till god got tired.

I bet he went back after you left and bought a king size cookie.

i believe the officers were parked when he drove by thats how they saw the front of his car to know he didnt have a tag on the front.

That's pretty amazing police work there, by the arresting officers.

From what I've read, Weary was on the West Loop - a freeway - obviously traveling at what would be considered normal freeway speeds. I'm more than just a little fascinated as to how these stationary officers were able to determine that Weary was "staring at them" as he whizzed by at 60-70 MPH.

12 characters

if you would read my post you would see ive already answered that question. i never stated the car stuter stepped. it was a reference to how people will act when guilty of something..

That's pretty amazing police work there, by the arresting officers.

From what I've read, Weary was on the West Loop - a freeway - obviously traveling at what would be considered normal freeway speeds. I'm more than just a little fascinated as to how these stationary officers were able to determine that Weary was "staring at them" as he whizzed by at 60-70 MPH.

yeah i never see law enforcement working traffic on a highway.... hummmmmm
yeah and we cant tell if you got your setbelt on at that speed either.

it boils down to this , the man was stopped for 2 traffic violations. then he wants to get a attitude with the officers.

Last edited:
when i was growing up we use to mess with the police also. being a kid could be so fun. god only knows why im still alive with all the stupid crap we did.

if you would read my post you would see ive already answered that question. i never stated the car stuter stepped. it was a reference to how people will act when guilty of something..

I knew what you meant from the beginning. It wasn't me picking on you about the "car stutter step". I was just having fun with that picture.

"stutter step" is code for dude just needed to taze someone. Which is understandable. If I had a tazer, I would taze people randomly just for ****s and giggles.

yeah i never see law enforcement working traffic on a highway.... hummmmmm
yeah and we cant tell if you got your setbelt on at that speed either.

it boils down to this , the man was stopped for 2 traffic violations. then he wants to get a attitude with the officers.

I'm not letting this one go, southland. How can a police officer determine into which direction a driver's eyes are focused, when said driver is whizzing by a stationary officer at freeway speeds?

I realize you're in law enforcement and you've "got your brother's back" and all that warm 'n fuzzy stuff, but at some point, you've got to acknowledge that what these officers have done - in this specific instance - is give the public everything the chicken laid but the egg.

As far as the "attitude", I submit that the officers in question might be suffering from a similar case of the Mondays.

I'm not letting this one go, southland. How can a police officer determine into which direction a driver's eyes are focused, when said driver is whizzing by a stationary officer at freeway speeds?

I realize you're in law enforcement and you've "got your brother's back" and all that warm 'n fuzzy stuff, but at some point, you've got to acknowledge that what these officers have done - in this specific instance - is give the public everything the chicken laid but the egg.

As far as the "attitude", I submit that the officers in question might be suffering from a similar case of the Mondays.

Houston anytime you want to come ride along with me at work your welcome to come. i promise you that you will see more things in that one day youve never dreamed of. youll see more things that are going on around you every day that youve never ever noticed. its amazing how blind we really are till we are put in a position that makes us open our eyes and look. oh by the way ill never have the back of a dirty cop or a bad cop . i hate them they give us a bad name, but a cop doing his job is not a dirty cop. i can understand many people wanting cops to be dirty or bad thats what bad guys want they hate a system that attempt to force them to be lawful citizens. we are not liked by many because we enforce the law. its sad that citizens of this country will so quickly jump to conclusions without knowing the entire truth,and believe police are bad because they stopped this man for traffic violations.
how many times have you found someone staring at you and said to your self man whats this persons problem.. well when you stare at the police we go ok what did this guy just do. oh yeah by the way there is a big difference from looking over at someone and starring a hole through them...
really just someday stop in a parking lot right next to the road and really look at the drivers. youll see its not hard to tell details about them. youll see folks eating combing there hair, reading , not wearing seat-belts, pic there nose, and folks will even look back at you , smile , glare , looks of wonder Ie what the heck why is this guy watching all these cars go by.
most dept. have ride along programs where you can go ride with a cop for a shift. however to get the true feeling of what goes on everyday and to really see the truth go once a weeks for a few weeks. oh dont ride along in your neighborhood you really dont want to know whats going on it will scare the pisssssstols out of you.. i moved out into the county after 3 years on the force it bothered me so bad leaving my wife at home knowing what was going on in the city.

He really didn't get an attitude. He was asking why he was stopped and they didn't answer him. I get tee'd off too when someone doesn't answer me, especially if they're asking for something.

It was profiling, no doubt about it.

How in the world can they see him looking at them suspiciously AND see that he doesn't have a front plate at the same time, while the vehicle is moving?

They need to find something else better to do rather than follow someone around because they were staring at them.

I hope this gets dropped.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom