Fred Weary Tazed And Charged For Obstruction. (1 Viewer)

watch out dude. That kinda talk will definately get you tazed. :D

illegal lane change , unsafe lane change ,, each state has a different title for the charge. you grasping at straws.
i guess you have to be there.
here we call it the stutter step..
theyll give us a weird looks stutter a few steps and start moving away.
well 99% of the time something illegal is occuring well i cant stop you for that but ill look for something i can stop you for like NO TAG , of ILLEGAL LANE CHANGE.
in the world of law enforcement that is called good police work.
its our job its how we catch bad guys.
yes now and then you get someone that has done nothing wrong but their traffic violations.... and guess what traffic laws are still traffic laws and we have to enforce them also.

Last edited:
What if he picks his nose while staring? Is that a sure sign of cocaine use? Better bring that service revolver along, in case he extracts a mass murdering loogie.

"To protect and to serve", not "to upset and perturb". Sorry, this one doesn't pass the smell test. Borders on sheer lunacy, perhaps.

Again, not an indictment of all law enforcement officers.

illegal lane change , unsafe lane change ,, each state has a different title for the charge. you grasping at straws.
well 99% of the time something illegal is occuring well i cant stop you for that but ill look for something i can stop you for like NO TAG , of ILLEGAL LANE CHANGE.
yes now and then you get someone that has done nothing wrong but their traffic violations.... and guess what traffic laws are still traffic laws and we have to enforce them also.

How exactly does a vehicle "stutter step"?

Enforcing traffic laws is one thing but I doubt this was there motive. Odds are they passed several people making an "unsafe lane change" while following Weary looking for a reason to pull him over. Like I said earlier, how do you see that a car doesn't have a front liscense plate when your following them?

I have been pulled over for suspisious activity before because I made a U-turn. I was in high school and it was around midnight. The two cops asked me for my liscense and insurance and I was more than happy to show him and be on my way. I was with 3 friends and we were all sober, doing nothing wrong and polite. The two cops decided they needed to drag each one of us out of the car and question us seperate on what we were doing. They then decided to call each one of our parents to make sure they knew we were out. After this they asked if they could search my car. At this point I was extremely upset, my parents thought I did something to make the cops mad and these guys were jerks every step of the way. They then asked if they could search my car and I told them no. I knew I had nothing to hide but they had crossed the BIG BOLD LINE about 20 minutes prior to that. Well they searched it anyway taking everything out and we sat on the side of the road for almost an hour. They had our parents upset at us and why? Because we made a U-turn and "looked suspicious". If I had been driving a BMW while wearing a suit in then I would have just been a guy after a long day of work.

Like I said, I didn't have a problem until the cops didn't know when to cut their losses. I filed a complaint with the St. Tammany Sheriff's office with the badge numbers of the two officers but never got a response.

I know most cops mean well and are good people but just because they are a police officer doesn't mean they are a better person than the average Joe.

When a cop starts profiling he better know when to cut his losses before he starts tazering people for not using their blinker.

...you grasping at straws...

I'm simply correcting your error in describing the incident.

So you think he stuttered in his car?

Harassing and subsequently arresting a man for an improper lane change and an equipment violation is called good police work?

At the least it is a waste of Tax payer money. At it's worst it is a civil rights violation.

None of us were there so we don't know what he was doing. At a certain point down the chain Fourth Amendment law is controlled by police acting on reasonable suspicions -- there isn't going to be a judge overseeing every aspect of law enforcement. It doesn't take much for a cop to be allowed to stop you since being stopped isn't exactly a huge invasion on your civil rights.

Obviously his problems started when he became disagreeable with police -- something you should never do. Just listen to their spiel, accept your ticket, and be on your way.

I agree with Houston HouDAT.

They followed him because he looked at the cops? Who doesn't naturally look over when you see a cop?

Give me a freaking break.

Slightly off-topic, but maybe relevant. There seems to be a generational gap in attitudes towards cops.

I was riding with my father somewhere maybe a year ago, he gets pulled over for speeding on some 2-lane mississippi highway...As soon as he gets pulled over, he gets out of his car and meets the highway patrolman halfway. There they talk, make a few jokes, he gets his ticket, he gets back in the car and drives off.

Me? I'm dumbfounded. I'm 90% sure in my mind if I did that, a 24 year old male (white or not), i'd get a gun pulled on me. When I get pulled over my hands are on the steering wheel, i'm looking ahead, and the cop and I rarely have very pleasent banter. At best it's clipped, official, full of "yessir, no sir".

I just happened to think of this because, looking at the responses, everyone in my age bracket seems to have similiar opinions/responses (that cops are not approachable, that their presence makes you nervous even if you aren't actively doing anything wrong, etc).

Older cops are usually cooler than younger cops.

I have a couple of friends that have recently become officers, and, based on what they tell me, they are the cops that you worry about. Super-cops with egos and a bad attitude. Blech.

Older cops are usually cooler than younger cops.

I have a couple of friends that have recently become officers, and, based on what they tell me, they are the cops that you worry about. Super-cops with egos and a bad attitude. Blech.

I'd agree with that. Back in college especially the older cops seemed to be more worried about making sure I wasn't driving drunk. A few articulate and coherent answers later and they'd usually let me go, ignoring the 8 mph speeding I did.

Youngs cop, real jerks. Got my car searched a few times for inexplicable reasons. They'd almost seem upset they couldn't bust me for something "sexy" like pot or DUI, and would give me a speeding ticket or whatever almost out of spite.

I remember being a college kid riding around Lafayette one night. As my friends and I made our way down Johnston St. (sober), we saw a group of 3-4 patrol units, with lights flashing, parked in the parking lot of a shopping center. We continued down Johnston St., then came back about 3-4 minutes later for a closer look. As we approached the scene, we slowed, then made a right hand turn onto the side road adjacent to the parking lot. This side road was a dead end (cul de sac), so we doubled back.

Apparently this qualifies as "suspicious activity", as we were pulled over. For? "Suspicious activity", the officer said. When asked, I acknowledged that we were "taking a look at what was going on". To which the officer responded, "ever hear the expression 'curiosity killed the cat'?". To which I, a 19 year old intelligent arse replied "ever hear the expression 'innocent until proven guilty'?"

After the little punk searched our car, ran our license numbers, etc., we were allowed to go along on our merry way.

The point of this story? To show that some of these guys need to loosen their knickers a little bit. Too many Francis Soyer types wearing badges.

Would any of the people who are criticizing the police like to be one in this crazy world? Probably not. I'll repeat myself. If the police stop you, say yes sir or no sir and at the worst, you'll get a ticket. Citizens and police die all the time when someone gets stupid. If you feel strongly you were wrongly stopped or ticketed, file a complaint or lawsuit.

My first reaction was "good for him" but then I realized this isn't the Fred Weary that batted the hail mary up in the air giving Cleveland the win in the closing seconds of the game. Ditka's 3-13 dabacle of a season was the cause of me losing my hair and tons of brain cells, but I did have club seats back then...

I'm simply correcting your error in describing the incident.

So you think he stuttered in his car?

Harassing and subsequently arresting a man for an improper lane change and an equipment violation is called good police work?
At the least it is a waste of Tax payer money. At it's worst it is a civil rights violation.

i believe the officers were parked when he drove by thats how they saw the front of his car to know he didnt have a tag on the front.

there was no error in me describing the incident ,,, your taking the title of the vilation as litteral. ie a stop sign vilation : a person pulls up to a stop sign stops then pulls into traffic and hits a car. its called running a stop sign... ./ or stop sign violation. however the person will always say i didnt run it i stop at it.
however what realy happened is failure to yiedl from a stop sign.

no im describing how people do things to make themselve look guilty of something.

no enforce traffic laws is police work. and i believe he was arrested for some form of obstruction.
ill never understand how people can judge police work yet they have no idea what its about.. it not like tv shows or live programs like cops.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom