Freddie Mac play in Super Bowl XXX on NFLN (1 Viewer)

CargoJon

Banned
Reaction score
Just saw McAfee as a captain of the Steelers team in the 96 Super Bowl, being replayed on NFLN. Unfortunately the Cowgirls go on to win.

If anybody wants to watch, enjoy....:9:

You know its a shame the Steelers did not win that game. They had a good team and a hell of a defense that year in Greene and Lloyd leading the Lb corps. I see the reason why they lost is because of Neil O' Donnell. that guy stunk as a starting QB big time. Many Steelers fans have commented to me that he really was not the guy they needed to win big games. Most of the times the Defense bailed him out and in the case of the Indy game a few weeks before in Pittsburgh, Donnell was making mistake after mistake and the team was getting on to him about not scoring points to help them out. They were lucky to beat Jim Harbaugh's Colts that year. If Aaron Bailey makes that hail mary catch in the end zone, the Colts go to the SB and probably win it. Harbaugh was unbelievable in 1995. You could never count him out of any game and coming back to win, he gave it his very best that day and you know looking back on it he would have given the Cowboys a better game.
Basic point is: the 95 Steelers had a good defense but a crappy QB, they got in and lost to the Cowboys because of that weakness at QB, if the colts had made it, they would have won the SB.

How many INT's did O'Donnell throw that day? I remember he kept throwing the ball Right to the Dallas defenders.

How many INT's did O'Donnell throw that day? I remember he kept throwing the ball Right to the Dallas defenders.

He threw at least two, and they were both right at Larry Brown. The final one was when the Steelers were driving for what could have been the winning score, too. :no:

That was the end of his playing days in Pittsburgh.

It's a shame Larry Brown got the MVP, too. All he had to do was not drop 2 balls that O'Donnell through right in his bread basket.:covri:

that onsides kick was just about the gutsiest play i ever saw in football in that superbowl....

but o'donnell made it pointless...

Larry Brown = Greatest palyer in NFL history.
My Dad & I had 7-7 box in VERY large pool, Brown's 2nd pick (ran back to the 4 yd line) at end of game, w/score 20-17 made my Year. Emmitt ran it in for 27-17 final. One of Best memories w/Dad, ever.......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom