Freddy Mac is back? WOW!!! (1 Viewer)

A little over year ago while leaving work, my phone rang. On the other end was a stranger talking to me in some weird language. After I almost hung up the phone, this person said, "hey man, just messing with you, this is Fred McAfee!" I couldn't believe it. My ex-wife worked at a brick company that he was buying brick from to build his house. She told him about me and he just picked up his phone and called me. We had a nice long conversation and even ate dinner one nite. He offered to talk a ball with him to camp and get it signed. Really down to earth and very comical guy. I am so excited to see ole Fast Freddie back on the field again.

Great... now all we need to do is resign Dave Waymer then maybe I'll secondary will improve! :sbob:

j/k

Good to have Fast Freddy back in the mix.

Here's how I think it'll unfold...

I see Payton must have confidence in Miller to let Lawrie go.... but once he clears waivers they'll resign him to the practice squad... then it'll be bye bye to the other TE we just signed.

Then Payton will bring Lance Moore up from the practice squad because either Copper or Colston (or GOD forbid... both) will miss this week's game with their ankle injuries.

I hope at least Colston can go this week, but this may be how it plays out if one or both of those guys can't go in ATL.

A little over year ago while leaving work, my phone rang. On the other end was a stranger talking to me in some weird language. After I almost hung up the phone, this person said, "hey man, just messing with you, this is Fred McAfee!" I couldn't believe it. My ex-wife worked at a brick company that he was buying brick from to build his house. She told him about me and he just picked up his phone and called me. We had a nice long conversation and even ate dinner one nite. He offered to talk a ball with him to camp and get it signed. Really down to earth and very comical guy. I am so excited to see ole Fast Freddie back on the field again.

Everybody said he was the prankster at camp... he sounds like a cool dude. I'm happy to have him back.

Great... now all we need to do is resign Dave Waymer then maybe I'll secondary will improve! :sbob:

j/k

Good to have Fast Freddy back in the mix.

Here's how I think it'll unfold...

I see Payton must have confidence in Miller to let Lawrie go.... but once he clears waivers they'll resign him to the practice squad... then it'll be bye bye to the other TE we just signed.

Then Payton will bring Lance Moore up from the practice squad because either Copper or Colston (or GOD forbid... both) will miss this week's game with their ankle injuries.

I hope at least Colston can go this week, but this may be how it plays out if one or both of those guys can't go in ATL.

The other tight end we just signed is John Owens and he is on the roster, so Nate's spot was to make room for Freddie.

If Nate gets on the practice squad, we'll have to remove some other practice squad player.

Welcome back, Fred.

As a spiritual leader, and energy boost, and, if this makes any sense, a thinking-man's special teamer.

We can't really improve our defense at this point, and we can't really improve our offense except to hang onto the ball.

But we can try to get more oomph out of our special teams, and this is one way to do it.

nice move. he is supposed to be an awsome lockerroom guy. maybe he can help right the ship in more than on the field.

If we move Lance up then we can move Lawrie on the practice squad and then Owens will get cut I think.

Glad to have him back. But we need one special teamer to step his game up and get the ball past the 10 on kickoffs!!! The opposing team is getting the ball past the 20 almost every time Carney kicks the ball.

Glad to have him back. But we need one special teamer to step his game up and get the ball past the 10 on kickoffs!!! The opposing team is getting the ball past the 20 almost every time Carney kicks the ball.

Man, the 10 yard line is a good kickoff for Carney. Sometimes he kicks them to the 20.......it seems like we should have a DL that can kick the ball better than that on kickoffs!

Carney at FG=Beast
Carney at KO=very sad

This is where we are truly missing Berger!

Man, the 10 yard line is a good kickoff for Carney. Sometimes he kicks them to the 20.......it seems like we should have a DL that can kick the ball better than that on kickoffs!

Carney at FG=Beast
Carney at KO=very sad

This is where we are truly missing Berger!

Yup, Berger was pretty good on KO's. Maybe when Ninkovich comes back he can do the KO's.

welcome back Freddy Mac :D just what we needed some FM for our kicking team.

Can Weatherford not kick the ball off? I seem to remember him doing it a couple times this season already.

We are just flat out a better team with Freddie on the team. I am glad he was still available for us to sign. I fully expect our ST to get much better now!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom