Freddy Mac is back? WOW!!! (1 Viewer)

Can Weatherford not kick the ball off? I seem to remember him doing it a couple times this season already.

I know he kicked one out of bounds.......I don't think he's been back since.

Dateline 2026...The New Orleans Saints have resigned 35-year veteran Fred McAfee to lead the special teams unit once again. McAfee, who set an all time NFL record for being released and resigned by one team (20 times) is quoted as saying, "As long as I can drag my walker onto the field, I can play." :)

Welcome back Fred!

DO you guys really think the addition of a aging special teams pl;ayer is going to improve the overall quality of the team?

Lawrie MUST have done something REALLY bad , if you ask me!

WHY would a Coach like Payton waive a TE (when we've got Conwell on the mend and not looking really SET at the position, from the surface. Who knows what's been going on around the locker-room?

Imagine! Old Freddie Mac blocking for Michael Lewis AGAIN FOR 6!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thrilled (I guess?) to see FM back in the fold, hoping the MAGIC he used to bring is still there on Sp. Teams and , who knows? He just might get his hands on the ball from time to time!

Reality is; THIS team, THIS year, NEEDS to WIN and geaux into the play-offs and do some huge damage and get to the Big Show! My entire Christmas wish list contains just these simple two things: #1- The SAINTS just GET to the Superbowl & #2 (and a long shot by a sight compared to #1) is WORLD PEACE!

So, with the priorities in place. Let's GET IT ON!

!!!!!!!!!Still Believing! Still Keeping the Faith!!!!!!!!!!!
504-925-2687 Ext. 12! That's the #'s I want to call!

Well at least you know that one of them is possible, and it's not WORLD PEACE!

DO you guys really think the addition of a aging special teams pl;ayer is going to improve the overall quality of the team?

Have you seen the starting position that opposing teams get on our kick-offs? I do believe that Freddy Mac will have an immediate impact in this area in his role as headhunter.

He may also give us improved holes and spacing on kick-off returns to spring Michael Lewis.

yes, football is a game of inches, or in the modern version, 1 or 2 plays that shift the momentum.

btw, how do you get to be a "destoyer of light?" Is Dungeons & Dragons kidnapping kids again? Its ok, my ex's kid thinks he's a Klingon.

Last edited:
yes, football is a game of inches, or in the modern version, 1 or 2 plays that shift the momentum.

btw, how do you get to be a "destoyer of light?" Is Dungeons & Dragons kidnapping kids again? Its ok, my ex's kid thinks he's a Klingon.

A) Im a 33 year old law enforcement officer, not a kid. dont make fun of someone until you know them

B) you had to have been posting here (or ironera) since 1997 to know where I got that nick name.

I dont dont see how he's gonn help Carneys kickoffs any shorter or return the ball any further than lewis.

Last edited:
I dont dont see how he's gonn help Carneys kickoffs any shorter or return the ball any further than lewis.

He destroy walls, not make kicks, he doesn't return the balls, he does the little things to help others run the ball

A) Im a 33 year old law enforcement officer, not a kid. dont make fun of someone until you know them

B) you had to have been posting here (or ironera) since 1997 to know where I got that nick name.

Lighten up Francis!

You're that sensitive and they let you carry a gun? Remind me not to speed in your parish. Cmon, man, what is a "destroyer of light?" Im curious.

If this isnt a Wizards & Warlocks thing, and it started in the "Iron Era," my guess is it has something to do with linebackers. Or maybe you got really mad after a game and threw a lamp. I broke a windshield one time after a 49er game... I really didnt mean to... sure did feel stupid. I also accidently broke my employers neon sign---big 500 dollar sign.... so I, too, could be called "destroyer of light."

There's gotta be an interesting story here.

You're that sensitive and they let you carry a gun? Remind me not to speed in your parish. Cmon, man, what is a "destroyer of light?" Im curious.

If this isnt a Wizards & Warlocks thing, and it started in the "Iron Era," my guess is it has something to do with linebackers. Or maybe you got really mad after a game and threw a lamp. I broke a windshield one time after a 49er game... I really didnt mean to... sure did feel stupid. I also accidently broke my employers neon sign---big 500 dollar sign.... so I, too, could be called "destroyer of light."

There's gotta be an interesting story here.

its not a sensitivity issue friend, why would you assume Im some D & D kid based on that? Im afriad Im not a real destroyer of light like you are, never broke a $500 neon light. However, my board name back in the Iron Era days was Abigor and being generally interested in the darker side of lfe through metal, ABigor is a demon in hell whose other name is "Destryoer of light".

I hope you can sleep now :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom