Free agency isn't over!! I hope..... (1 Viewer)

St. David

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Just want to throw out some names left out on the free agentcy market that I hope the saints are atleast looking at adding.

DT:
Rod Coleman 6-2/285 (58.5 sacks in career)
Larry Tripplett 6 6-2/293 (192 tackles and 8.5 sacks in his career)
Darwin Walker 8 6-3/294 (187 tackles and 28.5 sacks in career)

Saftey:
Mike Doss 5-10/207
Deke Cooper 6-2/210 (59 tackles and 3 INTs last year)

LB:
Lemar Marshall 6-2/225 (over 100 tackles in 05' and 06')
Takeo Spikes 6-2/240 (86 tackles and a sack last year)
Victor Hobson 6-0/252 (162 tackles and 8 sacks the last two years as a Backup in the wrong defense)

DE:
Mike Rucker 6-5/270 (55.5 career sacks)
Renaldo Wynn 6-3/296 (25 career sacks)

I could see the Saints targeting one or two of those players after the draft. I think the FA will be VERY slow for all teams until after draft day and the pickup of UDFA's a few days after. Any of those guys still left will probably be signed for the minimum and given a chance in TC to secure a spot. I could see one of the DT's being picked up if Thomas continues his trend of being overwieght and out of shape. Especially if we don't get a quality DT in the first three rounds. Otherwise, let's hope we can get one more year out of Thomas and Young before the wind up spending more time out due to injury than making plays on the field.

As much as I'd like to see us bring in another safety, I think the FO is sold on Bullocks and Harper, with KK and Reis being the backup. Let's also not forget that Gay can step in if need be also.

There's also the June 1st cut day.

I would love to bring in Coleman for a look he was really good over the years and is better then Lake Wynn and Boykin (last seasons rotation) and he would be a good player to pucsh Young if we can't figure out a way to get one of the two big DTs day one. dont forget that the Saints seem to like Orien Harris so he may be in the future team plans.

Coleman, Marshall, Spikes and Rucker (if all are healthy) would help our defense..

Wait, wait, wait, wait a minute....Mike Rucker (as in the one from the Panthers) is a free agent?! I think we need to take a look at him. You can never have enough DE's (the Giants are proof). Sure, he's not J. Pepp, but still.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom