Free Agency next year - what do we do? (1 Viewer)

if Teddy leaves they will need another backup QB ( maybe a vet) to allow Taysom to play in the offense, unless they want him to transition to a true QB.

Murray could be a lead back and bring in another pass catching RB if they think AK41 is too expensive.

Saints, Drew Brees reach 2-year, $50 million contract extension
Updated Mar 13, 2018

Help me if I get this wrong. Brees signed this contract extension in like March of 2018. it's a 2-year contract. That means it expires in March 2020 or right after the end of this season.

So Brees does not have a contract with us and there has been no discussion of an extension, at least that the public is aware of. If this is the case and they have had no contract talks beyond this season, that sure seems to be a pretty strong indicator that Coach Pete is correct and Brees plans to retire after this season.

Does that make me happy? Heck NO! But everything is our universe is in a continuous state of change and all good things come to pass.

When has Brees ever gave us a discount. If he stays it wont be cheap.

Apple unfortunately goes. We didnt pick up his 5th year option so that wouldve been a no brainer if we was gonna keep him.

I hate to say it but Kamara will be gone. Saints wont overpay for a RB when we have other positions that need resigned worse. Payton has ALWAYS found RBs. Kamara has 1 more year anyway.

Kamara is a lot more than just a Top 3 RB, he’s been our 2nd best WR also. He and MT are the main focus of our Offense and if you think our other WR’s suck now just wait and see if we lose AK. MT and AK open up the rest of the offense.

I don’t believe there’s any way we let Kamara go or even should contemplate it....everyone on here says we need another pass catcher but yet we shouldn’t pay the man who can do that 8 to 10 times a game and play out of the back field and can create mismatches??? Yes he’s going to demand a lot of $$$ but rightfully so he’s a true talent not some replaceable RB.

Kamara is a lot more than just a Top 3 RB, he’s been our 2nd best WR also. He and MT are the main focus of our Offense and if you think our other WR’s suck now just wait and see if we lose AK. MT and AK open up the rest of the offense.
I agree. I was just saying what I think may happen. Not what I want to happen. But with Lattimore, QB whomever that will be, Rankins, Onyemata, Kamara, Ram, Bell all coming up in the next couple years, somebody wont be there.

Defense is harder to find in my opinion.

This is a really good post. We all love Drew and he is the GOAT in Saints history. He is the classic car you want to always have.

Teddy suffers from being the steady Ford in the garage syndrome. Good car, starts every time but it still isn’t the sexy sports car in the showroom (draft) window.

Taysom is like the hot rod. Fun on a Friday night but you don’t want to take it to work everyday. Run on nitrous.

It won’t be like this again in our lives, Saints fans. Look long and hard and store the memories.

Remember when we lead the league in Billy Joes?

Agree with you, but I think Teddy could be more than just an old ford in the garage. People forget that he went 11-5 in his second season at Minnesota and won the division over Aaron Rodgers and the Pack. Then immediately after he blew up his leg and missed the 2016 season. Returned as a backup in 2017, released by the Vikings, traded by the Jets and became our backup last year and this. Minnesota only released him because they were weary about the injury, and Jets will be Jets. Then he went 5-0 for us this year.

He was basically cut down right out of the gate. So no one has really seen his full potential. Think about all the progression if he had been a healthy starter all those years without the injury. As it is, he overcame one of the worst injuries imaginable (where amputation was a possibility) , recovered his health, and shook off years of rust to go 5-0 beating Wilson in Seattle, Dak and co., the Bears, etc. and he was smart enough to sign with us as a backup and learn underGOAT Drew Brees for a couple of years and inherit a great situation over a starting job on the table with Miami. He made the smart choice, cerebral, just like his presence on the field.With years of Drew’s tutelage, and with Payton’s coaching, Teddy will only get better and better. He may end up having GOAT potential himself in the years to come. How many other QBs has Drew made his protege?

Basically I’m saying Teddy is like one of those rusted over junkyard muscle cars you see on Counting Cars, that the average person looks at and sees a worthless scrap of metal. But with a little investment, patience, and love it can become a shiny souped up hot rod.

I think we have a real sleeper waiting in the wings, and his road back is going to make one heck of an inspirational story.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom