Free Agency next year - what do we do? (1 Viewer)

Onyemata is an absolute must bc he is the third DL in the rotation. Almost like a starter. Apple should be kept. PJ Williams is also a FA. Keep him as the nickel back. Robinson is a FA. He should not be retained.

Regarding Klein. He is in his prime and should be kept. You either keep Peat or you keep Easton, but not both. Peat has more value bc of his ability to play LT. Ginn is also a FA. I don't think he will be back. We really need an upgrade at WR in FA. If Brees wants to come back again, resign him one more year, but a competent backup is essential. So there you have my shopping list.

Good fun Post! - Thanks!

Here's my 2 cents worth:

Andrus Peat - let him walk
A.J. Klein - Definitely keep. The combo of him and Davis are one of the best pair of LBs in the league and both are high IO players
Vonn Bell - Keep at all costs. His stats, which are superb, do not reflect the leadership he brings. One of those players who makes everyone around him better
Eli Apple - Toughest one for me. Is he worth $70 million with $30 million plus guaranteed, I am always concerned when I see a high draft choice under-perform until contract year. But he and Latt are one of the top CB combos in the league. If they let him walk, I will understand, but not be happy
Drew Brees - If he can perform, Keep him at all costs. But I'm going with what Coach Pete said that he is retiring after this year
Teddy Bridgewater - If Drew leaves, Keep at all costs
Taysom Hill - Definite keep. Probably like $30 million over 4 years with $15 million guaranteed. His energy level is priceless in the way it positively impact the team and coaches
Austin Carr - Thanks but no thanks
Zach Line - Resign on a cheap 2-3 year gig
Zach Wood - Who? - lol

Bell, Apple, and Onyemata are the best of the bunch and require hard decisions. Bell is a must keep. We need a QB, so that's up to Brees. Most of the other guys can be had on affordable contracts (no must haves). I would do my best to keep the LS Wood.

Must sign Lattimore first. Von Bell second. Brees to a hometown discount. And Kamara needs an extension. Eli Apple wants to stay, he may not command top dollar.

This is not going to be easy.

If Brees retires we can literally re-sign them all if we choose to. If Brees stays, I think Peat and Apple are the two high end players gone.

Andrus Peat - If Easton keeps playing at a high level, bye Peat.
A.J. Klein - Probably an affordable keep.
Vonn Bell - Keep
Eli Apple - Keep if the price is right between both sides.
Drew Brees - Keep if he wants to play.
Teddy Bridgewater - If Brees is playing, Teddy will sign elsewhere.
Taysom Hill - No brainer to keep.
Austin Carr - Don't care.
Zach Line - Keep
Zach Wood - Who?

I agree that there are a lot of upcoming FAs, but there's only 3 of extreme significance to me, and that's Brees, Apple, and Bell. Several of the others can be re-signed on affordable contracts and another couple can be easily replaced. As for Onyemata, I hope they find a way to keep him. We have a heck of a d-line rotation, but it will probably come down to a numbers game.

Oh another big one is Onyemata. It's arguable that you could let him go with Rankins and Brown but I hope we can sign him.
Go look at the 2 games we gave up the most rushing yards and see who was missing from the lineup. Then come back and let me know if Onyemata is that expendable. Must resign in my opinion.

Must sign Lattimore first. Von Bell second. Brees to a hometown discount. And Kamara needs an extension. Eli Apple wants to stay, he may not command top dollar.
When has Brees ever gave us a discount. If he stays it wont be cheap.

Apple unfortunately goes. We didnt pick up his 5th year option so that wouldve been a no brainer if we was gonna keep him.

I hate to say it but Kamara will be gone. Saints wont overpay for a RB when we have other positions that need resigned worse. Payton has ALWAYS found RBs. Kamara has 1 more year anyway.

Apple unfortunately goes. We didnt pick up his 5th year option so that wouldve been a no brainer if we was gonna keep him.

I hate to say it but Kamara will be gone. Saints wont overpay for a RB when we have other positions that need resigned worse. Payton has ALWAYS found RBs. Kamara has 1 more year anyway.

Brees has never bled us dry.

Apple wasn’t worth what it would’ve cost at that time to pick up his 5th year option. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

And in regards to your comments about Kamara, people said the same about Thomas before his contract.

I guess I just couldn’t disagree with you more.

I guess you disagree ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom