Free Agency Postponed (Unconfirmed-Mod édit) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I know they have stopped all Pro Days , in-person visits.

SweetT

Old alias known as FLASH
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know they have stopped all Pro Days , in-person visits.

The draft may be via phone calls as well. I’d love to see that and the potential chaos. They can even pump fake boos from Jets fans via recordings and every time Goodell announces the pick, just like real life

Bayareasaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I haven’t seen this anywhere. I need a link please. I was waiting for this news to drop as a typical Friday news dump, but I’m not finding this news anywhere else.

Bayareasaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Nearly 3 hours later and still no update or link huh?
Yeah, another case of someone wanting to break a news story instead of gathering facts. I go to Twitter if I want breaking news, I come here to discuss thoughts on the Saints. Can we please stop trying to be Nick Underhill, just leave the breaking news to the experts, please!!

Reaction score
There's absolutely no news, other than the NFL is considering it. It wouldn't surprise me, since everything else is being cancelled and postponed, though.

WxM

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I hope you don't mean that prioritising public health over football is stupid.

Because that would be stupid.
There's absolutely no need for free agency to be affected by this. The only thing that would have to change is no fancy meals with the team brass. That's it.

There's phone, email, video chat...

SweetT

Old alias known as FLASH
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There's absolutely no need for free agency to be affected by this. The only thing that would have to change is no fancy meals with the team brass. That's it.

Flying in to a team’s headquarters for a (personal) sit down interview is extremely valuable. You get a feel for the energy/vibe of the human being, have a genuine conversation, talk some football, talk about life/future, etc. You know.....a more intimate conversation that can’t be duplicated via phone, email, video chat. Plus, a lot of players like to wined and dined to see just how much a team wants them. They get to explore the city more, interact with fans who are recruiting them in a lot of the city’s environments. That’s why it’s called a free agency tour. Sometimes players only gets to experience that once in their football careers.

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I think it has to do with optics. I'm not sure they want to be breaking news during a national emergency.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think it has to do with optics. I'm not sure they want to be breaking news during a national emergency.

Maybe, but the whole COVID-19 thing isn't going away anytime soon so they are likely going to have to go forward with it during a national emergency at some point. Plus, I think giving people something to think about other than COVID-19 probably would be a good thing.

Anyway, they may be selling this as being about COVID-19, but I suspect it has more to do with gaining more time to work out a CBA before free agency begins.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom