Free Agency Postponed (Unconfirmed-Mod édit) (1 Viewer)

I know they have stopped all Pro Days , in-person visits.

I know they have stopped all Pro Days , in-person visits.

The draft may be via phone calls as well. I’d love to see that and the potential chaos. They can even pump fake boos from Jets fans via recordings and every time Goodell announces the pick, just like real life

I haven’t seen this anywhere. I need a link please. I was waiting for this news to drop as a typical Friday news dump, but I’m not finding this news anywhere else.

Nearly 3 hours later and still no update or link huh?
Yeah, another case of someone wanting to break a news story instead of gathering facts. I go to Twitter if I want breaking news, I come here to discuss thoughts on the Saints. Can we please stop trying to be Nick Underhill, just leave the breaking news to the experts, please!!

There's absolutely no news, other than the NFL is considering it. It wouldn't surprise me, since everything else is being cancelled and postponed, though.

There's absolutely no need for free agency to be affected by this. The only thing that would have to change is no fancy meals with the team brass. That's it.

There's phone, email, video chat...
Flying in to a team’s headquarters for a (personal) sit down interview is extremely valuable. You get a feel for the energy/vibe of the human being, have a genuine conversation, talk some football, talk about life/future, etc. You know.....a more intimate conversation that can’t be duplicated via phone, email, video chat. Plus, a lot of players like to wined and dined to see just how much a team wants them. They get to explore the city more, interact with fans who are recruiting them in a lot of the city’s environments. That’s why it’s called a free agency tour. Sometimes players only gets to experience that once in their football careers.

There's absolutely no need for free agency to be affected by this. The only thing that would have to change is no fancy meals with the team brass. That's it.

There's phone, email, video chat...
I think it has to do with optics. I'm not sure they want to be breaking news during a national emergency.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom