Free Agency Preview: New Orleans Saints (1 Viewer)

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
2013 NFL Free-Agency Preview: New Orleans Saints - CBSSports.com

What the depth chart tells you: The offense will be fine with a few minor tweaks. Drew Brees will use Marques Colston, Jimmy Graham and Darren Sproles once again. Lance Moore is a sneaky weapon and you shouldn't sleep on Joseph Morgan in 2013. Replacing -- or, more importantly, re-signing -- Jermon Bushrod is critical, but the Saints are by and large alright on the offensive line, particularly with Jahri Evans and Ben Grubbs manning the guard spots. My gut says Mark Ingram might even surprise in 2013 after a strong close to last year.

The defense is another matter altogether, but moving to a 3-4 should help. Restricted free agent Junior Gallette could really surprise as a pass rusher under Ryan and former first-round pick Cameron Jordan makes sense as an end in this defense, even if it might hinder his sack totals. New Orleans could stand to find a blocker-occupying nose tackle for their new alignment, but Brodrick Bunkley can make do if no pops in free agency or the draft.

Two guys who are question marks in the new defense were, ironically, at the center of BountyGate -- linebacker Jonathan Vilma and defensive end Will Smith are no sure things to work out in the new defense. Cornerbacks Jabari Greer and Patrick Robinson, along with safeties Malcolm Jenkins and Roman Harper, would see their play improve dramatically with some semblance of a pass rush limiting their exposure

good read but did not tell me anything I didn't already know. Looks like a bored writer with nothing else to write about

Looks like a bored writer that has been trolling SR for the last couple of weeks and had a deadline to hit

victor butler would be a steal at the right price, every year he is a backup to ware and spencer and every year he puts up 3-4 sacks, good insurance if tez and junyah can't convert

victor butler would be a steal at the right price, every year he is a backup to ware and spencer and every year he puts up 3-4 sacks, good insurance if tez and junyah can't convert

:plus-un2:

Good, young player who knows the system, and did time at SOLB, which is my biggest concern of the 4 LB spots.

Actually I believe we will sign a good name at CB and possibly a good name at WR it kind of all depends on what kind of moves we make with vilma and smith so I say YES it's a def possibility on singing a big name FA as long as we clear the money

victor bultler, larry grant, and maybe RJF de/dt from SF...

that would help us in depth and talent and wouldn't be too costly....

then draft a NT and 2 DBs and maybe an OLB.......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom