Free Agent Offers (1 Viewer)

"Saints player" tends to be an even higher paying job in Louisiana. Why aren't you a Saints player?

(Hopefully you were taught the principles of supply and demand so that you may deduce why their salaries are so much higher than yours.)

You seem to need the reassurance that your profession is a very valuable one, and I hereby assure you that it is.

However, based on things like level of education, grade point average, standardized test scores etc. Drew Brees, Jonathan Vilma, Malcolm Jenkins, and many others have the measurables to do your job. So do I.

However, neither of us have the measurables needed to do their jobs. See how that works?

LMBO..this is hilarious. First, My reassurance comes from my check. Second, a gpa in one major doesn't equate to a gpa in another major. I really hope you didnt go to college because everyone knows this. Third, i talk numbers, you talk about what WOULD happen. FINALLY, the MOST IMPORTANT statistic is how I will make much more than appx 85% of the nfl players because they do their job for a few years and gain small millions. I do my job for 30-50 years and gain tens of millions. You are a fool to think that they make more over their lifetime. There are only a select few who do..(aka the BEST)

There are actually approximately 0.003% of the american population that are Chemical Research & Development Engineers in management. There are approximately 0.0058% of the population that are active NFL players. These are both based on a 350 million population. So, what is your point??

That doesn't mean that there aren't a lot of people who could do you job. It just means that there aren't many people who do your job.

And, yes, there are far fewer people who have the ability to play in the NFL than can be mid-level management at a chemical plant or chemical research facility.

"Saints player" tends to be an even higher paying job in Louisiana. Why aren't you a Saints player?

(Hopefully you were taught the principles of supply and demand so that you may deduce why their salaries are so much higher than yours.)

You seem to need the reassurance that your profession is a very valuable one, and I hereby assure you that it is.

However, based on things like level of education, grade point average, standardized test scores etc. Drew Brees, Jonathan Vilma, Malcolm Jenkins, and many others have the measurables to do your job. So do I.

However, neither of us have the measurables needed to do their jobs. See how that works?

This is way off subject...Anyway, i would love to continue this big battle of wits with you but you are Obviously unarmed.

You're serious? right? because I cannot tell. The first part of your post was informative and interesting but if you try to convince ANY engineer that an NFL athlete can just be an engineer with the right "training" as you call it, you wont get any votes. That is a dead argument in itself because anyone with the right training from adolescence in sports as well as knowing the right people can make it. I was a collegiate athlete myself. anyway, this is a useless argument unless you have an advanced engineering degree. The numbers matter because it goes to show you how many people have actually done it. And I am NOT even counting the license of being a P.E. (Professional engineer). Not many at ALL have that

You're 23. What advanced engineering degree do you have?

That doesn't mean that there aren't a lot of people who could do you job. It just means that there aren't many people who do your job.

And, yes, there are far fewer people who have the ability to play in the NFL than can be mid-level management at a chemical plant or chemical research facility.

My point was HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS?? the only thing you can state in a factual debate is Facts. You do not know what everyone is CAPABLE of. therefore it is a baseless argument. All you can say is how many there are. Take the nba for example, there are PLENTY of people you can pick up off the streets who can play. you just don't know until you do. Jesus, i did not think this would be that difficult for some to understand. If you took out all the opinion and just stated facts, the fact is the numbers are close. And again, as i have stated before, this is off subject. especially since its already been stated that they actually DO have time limits on contract offers!!! that means they are treated JUST LIKE every other high ranking professional. so case should be closed

why is it that you have absolutely no stats or a degree in engineering to back you up? and do you even know how many students try to be engineers and drop out?? Or just dont graduate. especially in chemical. Dude, with all due respect, your argument is an illegitimate and baseless. empty and no facts. the retention rate for freshman who start out in chem. engineering vs the amount who become PE's is substantially lower than the ratio of NFL players to freshman collegiate athletes. again, do your research

Once again, look at the total number of individuals who work very hard to get into the NFL vs those who do, and those who work very hard to become engineers vs those who do. People who change their majors, their minds, or don't apply themselves do not factor into this.

It is more difficult to have a career in the NFL than a career in engineering. I'm sorry that this upsets you.

LMBO..this is hilarious. First, My reassurance comes from my check. Second, a gpa in one major doesn't equate to a gpa in another major. I really hope you didnt go to college because everyone knows this. Third, i talk numbers, you talk about what WOULD happen. FINALLY, the MOST IMPORTANT statistic is how I will make much more than appx 85% of the nfl players because they do their job for a few years and gain small millions. I do my job for 30-50 years and gain tens of millions. You are a fool to think that they make more over their lifetime. There are only a select few who do..(aka the BEST)

So it will take you 30-50 years for you to make what Adrian Peterson, Drew Brees and Tom Brady will make before they're 40 years old? And you still think your job is more difficult and valuable?

I have a Master's of Science in Chemical Engineering and 2 bachelor's in CHemical and Mechanical engineering. Bachelor's at Mississippi State and Master's at Cal Berkeley.

But, you don't have a Ph.D.? I would think anyone as cocky as you would have a Ph.D. Actually, I know several Ph.D.s in engineering fields who seem to manage to get that degree without gaining the level of hubris that you are displaying here.

Once again, look at the total number of individuals who work very hard to get into the NFL vs those who do, and those who work very hard to become engineers vs those who do. People who change their majors, their minds, or don't apply themselves do not factor into this.

It is more difficult to have a career in the NFL than a career in engineering. I'm sorry that this upsets you.

So it will take you 30-50 years for you to make what Adrian Peterson, Drew Brees and Tom Brady will make before they're 40 years old? And you still think your job is more difficult and valuable?

Again, you demonstrate how simple minded one can be. You are not understanding that I could care less about what career is more valuable. The first responder made a baseless statement in that thousands of people can do my job. That is how this was started. However, YOUR arguments have been so elementary and all over the place that it is hard to have an intelligent conversation with you. bottom line, players have time limits to answer contract offers just like my experience...which i did not know. so...uh..what are you still doing arguing about which is more important? honestly, football is not more important or valuable than pharmaceuticals, polymers, automobiles, OIL AND GAS and water.:jpshakehead: I thought that was a given..but for some maybe not.

There are actually approximately 0.003% of the american population that are Chemical Research & Development Engineers in management. There are approximately 0.0058% of the population that are active NFL players. These are both based on a 350 million population. So, what is your point??

Internet Smackdown. That was greatness.

My point was HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS?? the only thing you can state in a factual debate is Facts. You do not know what everyone is CAPABLE of. therefore it is a baseless argument. All you can say is how many there are. Take the nba for example, there are PLENTY of people you can pick up off the streets who can play. you just don't know until you do. Jesus, i did not think this would be that difficult for some to understand. If you took out all the opinion and just stated facts, the fact is the numbers are close. And again, as i have stated before, this is off subject. especially since its already been stated that they actually DO have time limits on contract offers!!! that means they are treated JUST LIKE every other high ranking professional. so case should be closed

Who said this was a factual debate? What you did above was skew the numbers. Because you know there are plenty of people who do your job in other countries and none that are NFL players. You chose your facts and then manipulated them to blow up your own ego.

Some have time limits some don't. I never had a time limit on an offer, but that's probably just because my prospective employers valued my services more than yours valued your services.

But, you don't have a Ph.D.? I would think anyone as cocky as you would have a Ph.D. Actually, I know several Ph.D.s in engineering fields who seem to manage to get that degree without gaining the level of hubris that you are displaying here.

Lol at the cocky comment. you are pretty brilliant to have an argument with yourself. again, its very easy to recognize which career field is more valuable to society. thats easy. but to hijack the thread about it..that's weak. but obviously you love talking about it. what do you do btw?

Internet Smackdown. That was greatness.

Except it's irrelevant because how many people do a job has nothing to do with how many people can do a job. Essentially, he has not facts, but he likes calling them facts. What he needs is the fact that show how many people are capable of doing what he does vs. how many are capable of playing in the NFL. He doesn't have those statistics. But, it seems to me that anyone who has a masters in chemical engineering, even from a place like Mississippi State, could do his job. Whether they could do it as well as him or not is a different question.

Lol at the cocky comment. you are pretty brilliant to have an argument with yourself. again, its very easy to recognize which career field is more valuable to society. thats easy. but to hijack the thread about it..that's weak. but obviously you love talking about it. what do you do btw?

Yeah, working in an industry that pollutes the environment, makes poisons and gives it's employees horrible diseases is very valuable. Much more valuable than providing entertainment to millions.

I rip chemical engineers apart for a living.

Who said this was a factual debate? What you did above was skew the numbers. Because you know there are plenty of people who do your job in other countries and none that are NFL players. You chose your facts and then manipulated them to blow up your own ego.

Some have time limits some don't. I never had a time limit on an offer, but that's probably just because my prospective employers valued my services more than your valued your services.

You may be right. Your valuable profession may definitely value your services more than mine. However, who knows what type of hotel "services" you solicit?? :idunno:I wouldn't go around advertising that though. too bad we will never know. I calculate numbers, I do not skew them. And I only said that because of the ignorant comment before that one. So as far as the ego comment, its idiotic. I did not start a thread about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom