Free Agent Offers (1 Viewer)

Saints4lyfe

BORN SAINT
Reaction score
This would obviously be for the SR members that are familiar with the professional world but anyway...I was just sitting here checking my sources (twitter, SR etc) seeing if we have signed Butler or Asomugha and then it hit me. WT..EEFF, when I graduated engineering school, I got professional offers left and right but every single one told me that if I had not accepted the offer in a week it was withdrawn!! Is that just my experience only or others? And I honestly think that should be implemented in the NFL more frequently so that these players cant work the system while holding it up. Just a random thought..what do you guys think??

Players sometimes, alright most of the time, feel that they are worth more than they actually are. There is a price set that teams will pay for that position based to need and desperation. The more visits a player has the more he will gage what market is out there for them in specifics. It is just a cat and mouse game right now to haggle over a few hundred thousand dollars, give or take. Lol

There are thousands of engineers that could do your job. Not so with NFL players.

There are actually approximately 0.003% of the american population that are Chemical Research & Development Engineers in management. There are approximately 0.0058% of the population that are active NFL players. These are both based on a 350 million population. So, what is your point??

There are actually approximately 0.003% of the american population that are Chemical Research & Development Engineers in management. There are approximately 0.0058% of the population that are active NFL players. These are both based on a 350 million population. So, what is your point??

Touché

:plus-un2:

Apples to oranges. Sort of.

I guess you may be able to make that argument..but there IS a reason why not many people get the degree. It is just physical vs mental. Which I honestly believe any very challenging mental work is more rigorous than very challenging physical work. JMO. you can teach the body to do something through muscle memory easily..but the brain is not so easy. anyway, I do not think they should have the privilege to wait weeks-months to accept an offer while they shop around other employers.

Don't mess with an Engineer when it comes to numbers.

I think you guys kind of got off the subject, they do make offers with time limits all the time, and there is always the draft coming (another time limit in a way), when every team is full at about all the positions and they will then have to wait for need or injury.

there are actually approximately 0.003% of the american population that are chemical research & development engineers in management. There are approximately 0.0058% of the population that are active nfl players. These are both based on a 350 million population. So, what is your point??

pwned!

I think you guys kind of got off the subject, they do make offers with time limits all the time, and there is always the draft coming (another time limit in a way), when every team is full at about all the positions and they will then have to wait for need or injury.

thanks..I knew about the draft of course but did not know that there are usually time limits on offers. I guess my complaint is now invalid. I appreciate it though

:worthy:

Touché

:plus-un2:

I think you missed a zero.

.003% of 350,000,000 is 10,500.

I believe you when you say there are only 10,500 Chemical Research & Development Engineers in management.

Still, .0058% of 350,000,000 is 20,300.

While I'm just guessing on engineers, I know there are only about 2,000 NFL players during any given season.

So, based on my simple math, I'm thinking there are 10 times more managing engineers than NFL players.

Just saying.

What about the rest of the world? You aren't going to find CB in India or Japan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom