Free agent RB Darrel Williams is in NOLA [Merged](Update: signing with Cardinals) (1 Viewer)

He's from NOLA... either he's gonna sign or he's trollin'. Can't think of any other reason why he'd take THAT picture.
If I had to go out on a limb n speculate, I think he WANTS to sign here! I haven’t heard a thing about any contacts between him n da Saints. But who knows, maybe they already have n still are.

If u go back n look at my posts, obviously, I’d like to see us sign him. I think many would like to see us add a lil more depth at RB. Some have suggested we wait til TC cuts come to pick one up, which is a possibility.

But along wit bein from here, Darrels comin off his best season as a pro! He played in all 17 games n started 7. He had more carries, catches n TDs last year than he did in his first 3 years combined! He had 1000 yds from scrimmage, including 47 catches n nearly 10 ypc as a receiver! Side note: prior to last season, Williams earned his spot on the 53 in KC mostly because of his play on STs!

Again, Darrel ain’t the quickest r fastest. But I think the Williams/Abram Smith duo would compete n have a chance to beat out the likes of TJJ n Dwayne Washington at RB!

Again, Darrel ain’t the quickest r fastest. But I think the Williams/Abram Smith duo would compete n have a chance to beat out the likes of TJJ n Dwayne Washington at RB!

We don't need him to be a burner... just hit the hole and get what you can out of the run. Aside from Kamara every other RB we have are pretty much the same. Ingram ran a 4.5 but I doubt he still runs a 4.5. Tony ones ran a 4.6, and Abram Smith has gotta be in the 4.6 range. Dwayne Washington ran a 4.4 and gets no snaps. Point is if you can get yards... we can use you.

We need a versatile/satellite type back. Pass

Believe it or not D Williams has shown to be a very good all around back in his time in the NFL.

Very Solid RB, would instantly make our RB room pretty good. He has good hands as well.

He's the best RB left on the market, so it's either him or nobody at this point

Yeah. But is he versatile? rsmith says he isn’t.
I asked what can he give you that MI can't?
I also mentioned that I would personally rather see more of a scat back type since we already have MI, Smith & Washington.

I asked what can he give you that MI can't?
I also mentioned that I would personally rather see more of a scat back type since we already have MI, Smith & Washington.
Youth. 5 years is a world of difference in age when you are talking NFL RBs. And why can't both be around? If AK is suspended, you'd be well served to have 2 other backs who you know can play.

Believe it or not D Williams has shown to be a very good all around back in his time in the NFL.

Very Solid RB, would instantly make our RB room pretty good. He has good hands as well.

He's the best RB left on the market, so it's either him or nobody at this point
Depends on what you mean by nothing. There are guys who you can pick up off the streets to play a role for a short period of time. Murray, for example, could do the job. But agreed that everyone is a step down from Williams. Williams is the only one that could compete with Ingram.

..guy from area spotted in area...

;)
Salty much?

He is NOT from New Orleans. He is from Marrero. Him making a tweet about being in New Orleans, is seemingly curious. This is the only time I have seen him tweeting about being in New Orleans. Is there something related to the Saints? Or is he just visiting with friends? I just do not get your snarky reply.

Salty much?

He is NOT from New Orleans. He is from somewhere in LOUISIANA!! Him making a tweet about being in New Orleans, is seemingly curious. This is the only time I have seen him tweeting about being in New Orleans. Is there something related to the Saints? Or is he just visiting with friends? I just do not get your snarky reply.

It was a lighthearted comment. Most seemed to get that. Not surprisingly, you did not.

He was born in Marrero and played high school ball at John Ehret. He's from "the area."

It was a lighthearted comment. Most seemed to get that. Not surprisingly, you did not.

He was born in Marrero and played high school ball at John Ehret. He's from "the area."
Nice deflection from being snarky. Trying to be a smarta$$. And MOST SEEMED TO GET IT. So that validates your snarky reply? Typical of you.

..guy from area spotted in area...

;)
Now why you gotta be like that? This is the off season. Plus some dude posted pics of Coach O in this thread that are as gross as watching John C. Reilly as Jerry Buss hitting on everything half his age with a skirt in Winning Time. Believing that a guy who COULD be a decent signing is posting pics of a Super Dome ramp means something is a nice thought to filter in between those bad thoughts.

Now why you gotta be like that? This is the off season. Plus some dude posted pics of Coach O in this thread that are as gross as watching John C. Reilly as Jerry Buss hitting on everything half his age with a skirt in Winning Time. Believing that a guy who COULD be a decent signing is posting pics of a Super Dome ramp means something is a nice thought to filter in between those bad thoughts.

I mean, it's not like I'm against the guy or something. Dream away!

If he walks through the front door of Saints HQ, I hope somebody posts the pics.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom