Free agent RB Darrel Williams is in NOLA [Merged](Update: signing with Cardinals) (1 Viewer)

Salty much?

He is NOT from New Orleans. He is from Marrero.
Seriously? Would the east bank suburbs have qualified for you or did it technically have to be "New Orleans"? And to top it off, the post you quoted spoke in terms of "area". Marrero is adjacent to New Orleans proper. I'd say that is in the area.

Last edited:
Youth. 5 years is a world of difference in age when you are talking NFL RBs. And why can't both be around? If AK is suspended, you'd be well served to have 2 other backs who you know can play.
Personally i'd rather see a different type of back seeing as we already have a back that can do what he can on the roster. Let's say MI was gone, then i'd be ok with signing him.

We don't need him to be a burner... just hit the hole and get what you can out of the run. Aside from Kamara every other RB we have are pretty much the same. Ingram ran a 4.5 but I doubt he still runs a 4.5. Tony ones ran a 4.6, and Abram Smith has gotta be in the 4.6 range. Dwayne Washington ran a 4.4 and gets no snaps. Point is if you can get yards... we can use you.
Yep! Last year Williams averaged Jus under 4 ypc. Wen I watched Darrel’s vids, one of the first things I saw was that he is physical n runs HARD!

Dennis Allen ain’t been sleep either! His first new hire was O line Coach Marrone. He drafted LT Trevor Penning in the 1st rd. If the O line stays fairly healthy, I think ur gonna see a nastier, more physical group this season! Darrel would be a nice fit behind a line like dat!

Seriously? Would the east bank suburbs qualified for you or did it technically have to be "New Orleans"? And to top it off, the post you quoted spoke in terms of "area". Marrero is adjacent to New Orleans proper. I'd say that is in the area.
Lol I’m from D’iberville and I will on occasion say I’m from the New Orleans area and it’s a state away

Salty much?

He is NOT from New Orleans. He is from Marrero. Him making a tweet about being in New Orleans, is seemingly curious. This is the only time I have seen him tweeting about being in New Orleans. Is there something related to the Saints? Or is he just visiting with friends? I just do not get your snarky reply.

When people from Marrero are visiting another state, they tell people they’re from “New Orleans.”

For all intents and purposes, Marrero is pretty much New Orleans.

I wonder if we contacted him or was it just an SR dream. I don't think there are many FA's I would go after. Maybe there's some cuts or a trade we could make happen.

Personally I like Myles Gaskin and I think he will be the odd man out in Miami. May not cost much.

I'm sure it's somewhere in the thread and I missed it, but why did KC decide to part with him?

Washington was the number 2 back behind Clyde Edwards-Helaire and impressed when CEH went down with injury. He was drafted by the Chiefs and his rookie contract just ended. Probably wants an opportunity to compete to be featured back, or at least get more carries. It's always been tough to get carries for him in KC, When he was drafted they had Kareem Hunt and spencer ware, Then they brought in Shady McCoy for a season. Then they drafted CEH and signed LeVeon Bell. Last season was his first season with more than 50 carries and he only got that cause CEH got injured.

Last edited:
I was hoping for Williams for sure as he can run, catch and pretty fresh as touches are concerned. Anyone have any insight on Wayne Gallman? I think he is still out there and could be cheap (maybe for good reason)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom