Free Agent Signings... (1 Viewer)

......................You guys can have all of the Stallworth's, Berrian's, Henderson's, etc of the world... I'll take the big guys that can catch and are maybe a half step slower all day.

I hear ya Info, and I agree... but I just don't see Bryant Johnson as being that type of player.

If we were gonna go with the bigger, stronger, sure-handed, but not quite as fast guy... I'd look at Jerry Porter, Ernest Wilford, and D.J. Hackett all before Johnson.

a guy that the saints should really look at who shouldn't cost as much as berrian and has better consistency is dj hackett. his health has been somewhat of a problem this past year (although he did put up 32 rec. 384 yds. and 3 td's in 6 games), but he's got good size ( 6'2" 208 lbs.), runs excellent routes, and get this, CATCHES THE BALL!!!

Speed is realitive. There is track speed and there is game speed. People say Colston is slow... I'm sorry but... he doesn't look slow... nor does this precieved slowness stop him from producing... same goes for Johnson IMO.

The notion that it's somehow necessary that we go out and get some fast guy oppsoite Colston is bogus IMO. Give me a big guy that Drew can find... that can catch the ball... and get open against the press when the blitz is on... and you can keep your fast guys.

Everyone in the NFL that plays WR is fast (or fast enough)... otherwise they would not be there.

And my point with Reggie was not so much to paint him as a downfield WR... but to point out that we have speed and quickness in our offense already... and he is going to see a lot of passes thrown his way. That's all.

You guys can have all of the Stallworth's, Berrian's, Henderson's, etc of the world... I take the big guys that can catch and are maybe a half step slower all day.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you've seen much of Johnson. He and Colston are nothing alike other than Body type and speed. Colston absolutely never gets open by more than a foot length because of his speed. Colston's BODY CONTROL and HANDS is what makes him great along with how accurate Drew Brees is. Bryant Johnson has neither great hands or great body control like Colston to make acrobatic catches we have come so accustom to see Colston make.

You see Colston in Johnson, I see Marty Booker in Johnson.

And, Johnson should thank Fitz and Boldin for all the stats he has, the opposing defense ignores him when they are in a 3 WO set making him an easy target for their QB.

I think he would be a decent signing, but I don't think he solves our problem at the #2 WR position.

I hear ya Info, and I agree... but I just don't see Bryant Johnson as being that type of player.

If we were gonna go with the bigger, stronger, sure-handed, but not quite as fast guy... I'd look at Jerry Porter, Ernest Wilford, and D.J. Hackett all before Johnson.

I see Johnson as the type of player that "can become" that type of player... he just has not been given that oppertunity. He has the body and the skillset. I'm not big on Porter or Hackett... but I'd love to have either Johnson or Wilford.

a guy that the saints should really look at who shouldn't cost as much as berrian and has better consistency is dj hackett. his health has been somewhat of a problem this past year (although he did put up 32 rec. 384 yds. and 3 td's in 6 games), but he's got good size ( 6'2" 208 lbs.), runs excellent routes, and get this, CATCHES THE BALL!!!

20 Bernard Berrian CHI WR 71 951 13.4 59.4 59T 5 11 2 47 66.2 1

This guy put up great numbers in a system that had horrendous QB play and in a city that has exactly opposite of what you would consider great weather for passing and catching the ball.

he will be more than Hackett, but he is on a different level as well. If Hackett maxes out, his ceiling is where Berrian is right now....also, he is neither as quick or fast as Berrian. they both ahve good hands.

Bryant Johnson was made to fit our offense. He will surprise many once he is out of the shadows in Arizona, remember Joe Horn, this kid has the potential to have a breakout season like Horn .

Bryant Johnson was made to fit our offense. He will surprise many once he is out of the shadows in Arizona, remember Joe Horn, this kid has the potential to have a breakout season like Horn .

I'm not saying you're wrong, but can you explain further why you are so sure he is a perfect compliment to our Offense?

And, to compare him to Horn is a bit of a reach. Horn's first 3 season's consisted of 49 catches, while in Johnson's first 3 seasons he accumulated 126 catches. I wouldn't consider him a nobody like Hollywood was before he came here.

Can I ask you guys a question about the possibility to inquire about the services of D Robertson? The Jets really don't need him, he isn't a 3&4 type DT.....would he be good enough in case the Packs resign Corey Williams?

I'm not too familiar with his game, I know he was the best DT in the draft we selected Sully......but he should be a decent guy and a better one we have.....right?

Robertson actually didn't show well when Herm Edwards was still there coaching a 4-3 scheme.... I actually forgot he was still in the league :X

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom